* Bug: org-copy-visible includes emphasis markerse hidden by org-hide-emphasis-markers [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /usr/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/org/)]
@ 2017-08-23 23:01 Gary Cheng
From: Gary Cheng @ 2017-08-23 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.16)
 of 2017-07-15
Package: Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/org/)

With evil-mode enabled (bug still applies without using evil, see:
https://github.com/emacs-evil/evil/issues/907), start Emacs, evaluate (setq
org-hide-emphasis-markers t).

Open a org file containing the following line:

~$ firejail --get=<id> <file>~

which is shown in the visible buffer as:

$ firejail --get=<id> <file>

Then, visually select via v from the first character "$" to the last
character ">" of the line. What's copied into the clipboard is (note the
"~" in the beginning):

~$ firejail --get=<id> <file>

instead of:

$ firejail --get=<id> <file>

Also, copying the entire line with V via org-copy-visible will yield ~$
firejail --get=<id> <file>~.

I only use Emacs with evil-mode enabled, so I'm not sure what Emacs
equivalents are, but it has the same issue even without using evil
according to the evil developer (see github issue posted above).

* Re: Bug: org-copy-visible includes emphasis markerse hidden by org-hide-emphasis-markers [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /usr/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/org/)]
  2017-08-23 23:01 Bug: org-copy-visible includes emphasis markerse hidden by org-hide-emphasis-markers [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /usr/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/org/)] Gary Cheng
@ 2017-08-25 22:13 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-08-25 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Cheng; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Gary Cheng <garycheng12@gmail.com> writes:

> With evil-mode enabled (bug still applies without using evil, see:
> https://github.com/emacs-evil/evil/issues/907), start Emacs, evaluate (setq
> org-hide-emphasis-markers t).
>
> Open a org file containing the following line:
>
> ~$ firejail --get=<id> <file>~
>
> which is shown in the visible buffer as:
>
> $ firejail --get=<id> <file>
>
> Then, visually select via v from the first character "$" to the last
> character ">" of the line. What's copied into the clipboard is (note the
> "~" in the beginning):
>
> ~$ firejail --get=<id> <file>
>
> instead of:
>
> $ firejail --get=<id> <file>
>
> Also, copying the entire line with V via org-copy-visible will yield ~$
> firejail --get=<id> <file>~.

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou