* [bug] Text macros don't get replaced
@ 2012-06-20 10:08 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-06-20 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

I'm using text macros, and want them to be replaced both in the text body, but
as well in the title or date of the document:

#+MACRO: thesoft ABC
#+MACRO: thedate November 2011

#+TITLE:     Data Sheet: {{{thesoft}}}
#+AUTHOR:    {{{thesoft}}}
#+DATE:      Copyright (c) {{{thedate}}}

With the old LaTeX exporter, it works for AUTHOR, but not for TITLE nor DATE.

With the new LaTeX exporter, it does work for TITLE and AUTHOR, but not for
DATE.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [bug] Text macros don't get replaced
@ 2012-06-20 10:34 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-06-20 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org> writes:

> I'm using text macros, and want them to be replaced both in the text body, but
> as well in the title or date of the document:
>
> #+MACRO: thesoft ABC
> #+MACRO: thedate November 2011
>
> #+TITLE:     Data Sheet: {{{thesoft}}}
> #+AUTHOR:    {{{thesoft}}}
> #+DATE:      Copyright (c) {{{thedate}}}
>
> With the new LaTeX exporter, it does work for TITLE and AUTHOR, but not for
> DATE.

It should be fixed in master.  Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [bug] Text macros don't get replaced
@ 2012-06-21  2:57   ` Mike McLean
From: Mike McLean @ 2012-06-21  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ, Sebastien Vauban

On Jun 20, 2012, at 6:34 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> "Sebastien Vauban"
> <wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org> writes:
>
>> I'm using text macros, and want them to be replaced both in the text body, but
>> as well in the title or date of the document:
>>
>> #+MACRO: thesoft ABC
>> #+MACRO: thedate November 2011
>>
>> #+TITLE:     Data Sheet: {{{thesoft}}}
>> #+AUTHOR:    {{{thesoft}}}
>> #+DATE:      Copyright (c) {{{thedate}}}
>>
>> With the new LaTeX exporter, it does work for TITLE and AUTHOR, but not for
>> DATE.
>
> It should be fixed in master.  Thank you.

Any chance of getting them to work in Clocktable and/or Dynamic Block lines? Example:

#+MACRO: when lastweek
#+TITLE: Summary Report for {{{when}}}

* Clock Report for {{{when}}}
#+BEGIN: clocktable :block {{{when}}}

* Re: [bug] Text macros don't get replaced
@ 2012-06-23  9:01     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-06-23  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike McLean; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ, Sebastien Vauban

Hello,

Mike McLean <mike.mclean@pobox.com> writes:

> Any chance of getting them to work in Clocktable and/or Dynamic Block lines? Example:
>
> #+MACRO: when lastweek
> #+TITLE: Summary Report for {{{when}}}
>
> * Clock Report for {{{when}}}
> #+BEGIN: clocktable :block {{{when}}}

For now, that is not possible since macros can allow happen in parsed
data (and dynamic block arguments are not parsed).

Macros may change, though. I'm pondering if they could go back to
a lower (and less safe) level, i.e. before parsing.

Nicolas Goaziou