* [ANN] e-icalendar back-end
@ 2012-11-02 23:48 Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-11-02 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hello,

I've just pushed a new (and probably very buggy) iCalendar back-end for
org-export.el.

To install it:

    (require 'org-e-icalendar)

It should then be available under `org-export-dispatch' menu.

There's also a function to write current agenda view to a calendar, but
it isn't hooked into `org-agenda-write' yet. For now, you can test it,
from an agenda buffer, with:

    M-: (org-e-icalendar-export-current-agenda)

Feedback is welcome.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [ANN] e-icalendar back-end
@ 2012-11-05 12:38 ` Vincent Beffara
From: Vincent Beffara @ 2012-11-05 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hi,

I tried it, nothing gets exported at all ... Is there anything I'm missing ?

/v

--
Vincent Beffara

On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 24:48 , Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just pushed a new (and probably very buggy) iCalendar back-end for
> org-export.el.
>
> To install it:
>
> (require 'org-e-icalendar)
>
> It should then be available under `org-export-dispatch' menu.
>
> There's also a function to write current agenda view to a calendar, but
> it isn't hooked into `org-agenda-write' yet. For now, you can test it,
> from an agenda buffer, with:
>
> M-: (org-e-icalendar-export-current-agenda)
>

> Feedback is welcome.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [ANN] e-icalendar back-end
@ 2012-11-05 13:06   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-11-05 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Beffara; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hello,

Vincent Beffara <vbeffara@gmail.com> writes:

> I tried it,

Thank you.

> nothing gets exported at all ... Is there anything I'm missing ?

I don't know. What did you try exactly? On which kind of data?

If your file/agenda only contains TODO entries, you may want to try
again, as I have push a fix for it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [ANN] e-icalendar back-end
@ 2012-11-11 21:12   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-11-11 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Thum; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hello,

Simon Thum <simon.thum@gmx.de> writes:

> just tested and it seems to work fine.

Thanks for testing it.

> A glitch: Unlike the other functions, I could not get
> org-e-icalendar-export-current-agenda to auto-complete in M-x

That's correct. `org-e-icalendar-export-current-agenda' isn't meant to
be a command. It will be called internally by `org-agenda-write' ("C-x
C-w" from an agenda buffer). Though, for now, it isn't since
org-icalendar.el is still current icalendar back-end.

> and it also did not produce meaningful results (empty icalendar).

Make sure to call it from an agenda buffer. Also, you may want to check
`org-e-icalendar-include-todo' variable if your agenda view only
contains TODO entries.

> What I'm missing is the ability to influence the amount of information
> "diclosed" for a public calendar. But 'll hack on this myself and come
> back eventually.

You can tweak `org-e-icalendar-include-body' (i.e. set it to nil).

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [ANN] e-icalendar back-end
@ 2012-11-11 21:59 ` Simon Thum
From: Simon Thum @ 2012-11-11 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hi,

just tested and it seems to work fine.

A glitch: Unlike the other functions, I could not get
org-e-icalendar-export-current-agenda to auto-complete in M-x and it
also did not produce meaningful results (empty icalendar).

What I'm missing is the ability to influence the amount of information
"diclosed" for a public calendar. But 'll hack on this myself and come
back eventually.

Thanks for this nice exporter!

Cheers,

Simon

On 11/03/2012 12:48 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just pushed a new (and probably very buggy) iCalendar back-end for
> org-export.el.
>
> To install it:
>
>      (require 'org-e-icalendar)
>
> It should then be available under `org-export-dispatch' menu.
>
> There's also a function to write current agenda view to a calendar, but
> it isn't hooked into `org-agenda-write' yet. For now, you can test it,
> from an agenda buffer, with:
>
>      M-: (org-e-icalendar-export-current-agenda)
>

> Feedback is welcome.
>

> Regards,

* Re: [ANN] e-icalendar back-end
@ 2012-11-11 22:10       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-11-11 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Thum; +Cc: Org Mode List

Simon Thum <simon.thum@gmx.de> writes:

> I saw there are some knobs but I'm looking for more felixble
> soultions, e.g. sth like org-icalendar-verify-function.

I removed this variable since I didn't need it in the new back-end.
Nevertheless, hooks and filters from org-export.el provide the same
functionality, so you shouldn't be missing anything.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [ANN] e-icalendar back-end
@ 2012-11-11 23:04     ` Simon Thum
From: Simon Thum @ 2012-11-11 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org Mode List

On 11/11/2012 10:12 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Simon Thum<simon.thum@gmx.de>  writes:
>
>> just tested and it seems to work fine.
>
> Thanks for testing it.
>
>> A glitch: Unlike the other functions, I could not get
>> org-e-icalendar-export-current-agenda to auto-complete in M-x
>
> That's correct. `org-e-icalendar-export-current-agenda' isn't meant to
> be a command. It will be called internally by `org-agenda-write' ("C-x
> C-w" from an agenda buffer). Though, for now, it isn't since
> org-icalendar.el is still current icalendar back-end.
>
>> and it also did not produce meaningful results (empty icalendar).
>
> Make sure to call it from an agenda buffer. Also, you may want to check
> `org-e-icalendar-include-todo' variable if your agenda view only
> contains TODO entries.
>
>> What I'm missing is the ability to influence the amount of information
>> "diclosed" for a public calendar. But 'll hack on this myself and come
>> back eventually.
>
> You can tweak `org-e-icalendar-include-body' (i.e. set it to nil).
I saw there are some knobs but I'm looking for more felixble soultions,
e.g. sth like org-icalendar-verify-function. Also "body" suggests the
headline is kept, which is too much for simply indicating availability.

But for now I'm content to get my phone to grasp the ical...

Thanks,

Simon