* Shortcuts for setting or changing the warning period "-3d" in DEADLINE timestamps?
@ 2013-02-27  9:12 Martin Beck
From: Martin Beck @ 2013-02-27  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I often use individual warning periods for defining how many days before the
DEADLINE the task will show up in my agenda like

DEADLINE: <2013-02-27 Wed -3d>

However, it seems not to be possible to enter this warning period directly when
defining a date with the calendar e. g. by C-C C-D.
Is there a syntax to enter warnings here directly?
If not, could it be defined, please? :-)

IMHO it would also be helpful to have a shortcut to directly modify the warning
period of an item with a timestamp in the agenda. (like it is possible with
Shift+Left/Right Arrow to modify the date day by day).

Kind regards

Martin

* Re: Shortcuts for setting or changing the warning period "-3d" in DEADLINE timestamps?
@ 2013-02-27  9:27 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-27  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Beck; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Martin,

Martin Beck <elwood151@web.de> writes:

> However, it seems not to be possible to enter this warning period directly when
> defining a date with the calendar e. g. by C-C C-D.
> Is there a syntax to enter warnings here directly?

Nope.

> If not, could it be defined, please? :-)

Patch welcome :)  But...

> IMHO it would also be helpful to have a shortcut to directly modify the warning
> period of an item with a timestamp in the agenda. (like it is possible with
> Shift+Left/Right Arrow to modify the date day by day).

it, so I don't think a specific syntax is needed here.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Shortcuts for setting or changing the warning period
@ 2013-02-27 11:00   ` Martin Beck
From: Martin Beck @ 2013-02-27 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:

> > IMHO it would also be helpful to have a shortcut
> > to directly modify the warning
> > period of an item with a timestamp in the agenda.
> > (like it is possible with
> > Shift+Left/Right Arrow to modify the date day by day).

> it, so I don't think a specific syntax is needed here.

Salut Bastien,

thanks a lot for your help!
I tried what you proposed,
but that only removes the deadline for me:
C-c C-d RET creates the deadline today.
C-u C-u C-c C-d removes it and opens a capture window,
as I have the corresponding option activated which prompts
for a note when changing a deadline.

@ 2013-02-27 12:20     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-27 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Beck; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Salut Martin,

Martin Beck <elwood151@web.de> writes:

> thanks a lot for your help!
> I tried what you proposed,
> but that only removes the deadline for me:
> C-c C-d RET creates the deadline today.
> C-u C-u C-c C-d removes it and opens a capture window,
> as I have the corresponding option activated which prompts
> for a note when changing a deadline.

I forgot to mention C-u C-u C-s C-d is only for the braves,
those who live in the development (aka "master") branch of
the repo.  But you forgot to mention the version of Emacs,
so we're even :)

Best,

--
 Bastien