* Export options for subheadings
@ 2013-05-13 16:48 JBash
From: JBash @ 2013-05-13 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Mode

I'm having a problem getting the export options for single subtree to work.
 I'm exporting to pdf.  I'm not sure the information in the manual applies
to the new exporter (since I'm not sure C-c @ applies anymore... I've tried
it, and get the same results as putting the cursor on the subheading, and
doing C-c C-e C-s l p.  I've attached a test file.  The export ignores the
EXPORT_FILE_NAME, EXPORT_TITLE, and EXPORT_DATE in the subtree.

It may well be a problem with my configuration, so if it's working y'all,
please let me know and, if you have suggestions about possible
configuration problems, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks,
Jerry

Org-mode version 8.0.2 (release_8.0.2-119-g646f1a / emacs 23.4.1 / debian
sid

From the manual:

"When exporting only a single subtree by selecting it with C-c @ before
calling an export command, the subtree can overrule some of the file's
export settings with properties EXPORT_FILE_NAME, EXPORT_TITLE, EXPORT_TEXT
, EXPORT_AUTHOR, EXPORT_DATE, and EXPORT_OPTIONS."

[-- Attachment #2: test_export_subtree.org --]

#+TITLE:     Test Exporting
#+DATE:      2013-05-10
#+AUTHOR:    Jerry Bash
#+EMAIL:     jlb@debian64sid1

#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en

#+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
#+LINK_UP:
#+LINK_HOME:
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[top=1.25in, bottom=1.25in, left=1in, right=1in]{geometry}

* Major Heading 1
#+EXPORT_FILE_NAME: test_subheading_export1.pdf
#+EXPORT_TITLE: Test Export of a Subtree Overrides - 1
#+EXPORT_DATE: 2013-05-11

** Level 2
Text in subheading (level 2)
*** Level 3
Text in major heading 1, subheading level 3
**** Level 4
Text in level major heading 1, level 4

* Major Heading 2
#+EXPORT_FILE_NAME: test_subheading_export2.pdf
#+EXPORT_TITLE: Test Export of a Subtree Overrides - 2
#+EXPORT_DATE: 2013-05-12

** Level 2
Text in subheading (level 2)
*** Level 3
Text in major heading 2, subheading level 3
**** Level 4
Text in level major heading 2, level 4

* Re: Export options for subheadings
@ 2013-05-13 17:02 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-05-13 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JBash; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Mode

Hello,

Indeed, marking a subtree with C-c @ don't trigger subtree export anymore.

> From the manual:
>
> "When exporting only a single subtree by selecting it with C-c @ before
> calling an export command, the subtree can overrule some of the file's
> export settings with properties EXPORT_FILE_NAME, EXPORT_TITLE, EXPORT_TEXT
> , EXPORT_AUTHOR, EXPORT_DATE, and EXPORT_OPTIONS."

For some reason, your manual is out of date. You can have a look at the
one published on the Org site.

> * Major Heading 1
> #+EXPORT_FILE_NAME: test_subheading_export1.pdf
> #+EXPORT_TITLE: Test Export of a Subtree Overrides - 1
> #+EXPORT_DATE: 2013-05-11

You are confusing keywords and node properties. On the previous
headline, use C-c C-e, toggle subtree export with C-s, then call # RET
to see what should be inserted instead.

Nicolas Goaziou