* Debug (ox-odt): No OpenDocument schema files installed
@ 2014-08-29 17:16 Melleus
From: Melleus @ 2014-08-29 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to set up the odt exporter which is disabled by default.
After loading the exporter with:
      (require 'ox-odt)
I got the message about missing files.
I inspected the org-odt-data-dir and found that it points to
non-existant directory. So I did:
      (setq org-odt-data-dir "/usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/org")
(the directory with the proper xml files) before loading the ox-odt
library. The result did not changed. I still got the message about
missing files.

I use emacs-24.3.1 and org-mode-8.2.7b from Debian repositories.

What am I doing wrong? (Or is it disabled by default because it's broken?)

Thanks ahead.

* Re: Debug (ox-odt): No OpenDocument schema files installed
@ 2014-08-30 10:24 ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2014-08-30 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Melleus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Do org-odt-styles-dir and org-odt-schema-dir now point to the correct
directory?

If not, did you try putting

  (setq org-odt-data-dir "/usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/org")

in your .emacs and restarting?

Those variables are set on startup based on the contents of
org-odt-data-dir, and not immediately updated by changing the latter.

Yours,
Christian

@ 2014-08-30 19:18   ` Melleus
From: Melleus @ 2014-08-30 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I did that. But got the same message.
Should I have anything except:

> ls
OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml  OrgOdtStyles.xml  README

in that directory?

Thank you.

* Re: Debug (ox-odt): No OpenDocument schema files installed
@ 2014-08-31  9:50     ` Melleus
From: Melleus @ 2014-08-31  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I should point to the /usr/share/emacs/site-list/org-mode/etc
It's the one and only path that contains necessary files in Debian.
Now the message has gone. Thank you.