* org-lookup formula missing
@ 2014-10-20 20:50 Chris Drane
From: Chris Drane @ 2014-10-20 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

For some reason, the org-lookup formula [1] are not available to me. I
don't see anything that I'm supposed to enable to have access to them, and
I don't think there's anything in my config that would be blocking them.
Does anyone know why this might be?

Thanks

[1] http://orgmode.org/manual/Lookup-functions.html

* Re: org-lookup formula missing
@ 2014-10-20 22:39 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-10-20 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Chris Drane <csdrane@gmail.com> writes:

> For some reason, the org-lookup formula [1] are not available to me. I
> don't see anything that I'm supposed to enable to have access to them, and
> I don't think there's anything in my config that would be blocking them.
> Does anyone know why this might be?

In my Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-422-gb54ad3 @
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/) they are defined in org-table.el.

Are the functions available when you explictly require that file?

    M-: (require 'org-table) RET

—Rasmus

--
Together we will make the possible totalllly impossible!

* Re: org-lookup formula missing
@ 2014-10-21 13:32   ` Chris Drane
From: Chris Drane @ 2014-10-21 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

No, that does not do anything. I see the macro that is supposed to define
the functions in my org-table.el, so I don't think version is an issue. Org
is 7.9.3f. Emacs is 24.3.1.

@ 2014-10-21 14:35     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-10-21 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Chris Drane <csdrane@gmail.com> writes:

> No, that does not do anything. I see the macro that is supposed to define
> the functions in my org-table.el, so I don't think version is an issue. Org
> is 7.9.3f. Emacs is 24.3.1.

This version of Org is outdated.  Can you try a newer version and see
if the problem persists?

Emacs 24.4 has Org 8.2-something.

—Rasmus

--
Governments should be afraid of their people