* [OT] buffer or frame locale color-theme settings?
@ 2017-01-11 14:35 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2017-01-11 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Shoot, I've just updated my emacs and and I guess I can no longer set
frame-local color themes, a it says in NEWS:

** Some obsolete functions, variables, and faces have been removed:
*** make-variable-frame-local.  Variables cannot be frame-local any more.

Does anyone else rely on multiple color themes for visually distinguishing
frames or buffers? Do you have suggestions for how to do that now that this
deprecated function has been removed (sniff)?

* Re: [OT] buffer or frame locale color-theme settings?
@ 2017-01-11 16:03 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2017-01-11 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> Shoot, I've just updated my emacs and and I guess I can no longer set
> frame-local color themes, a it says in NEWS:
>
> ** Some obsolete functions, variables, and faces have been removed:
> *** make-variable-frame-local.  Variables cannot be frame-local any more.

This works in a recent version of Emacs-git,

     (set-frame-parameter nil 'background-color "white")

> Does anyone else rely on multiple color themes for visually distinguishing
> frames or buffers? Do you have suggestions for how to do that now that this
> deprecated function has been removed (sniff)?

I use different daemons for Gnus and text editing.  I start Gnus with
something like this,

    emacsclient -s gnus -ca '' -F '((title . "Gnus") (icon-type . "gnus") (background-color . "light yellow"))'

Regards,
Rasmus

--
this message is brought to you by the department of redundant departments