* [bug] org-agenda-set-tags does not append tags to headline but at cursor
@ 2021-05-29 11:44 Jakob Schöttl
From: Jakob Schöttl @ 2021-05-29 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Org mode version: 9.4.6
... but the problem is older:

Reproduce:

1. Open org-agenda
2. Open a task from the agenda in the other buffer (i.e. the org file)
3. In the org file, move the cursor away from the task's headline
4. Focus the same task in the org-agenda again
5. Press C-c C-q (org-agenda-set-tags) and select some tags

The tags are not appended to the task's headline but to the line the
cursor was.

Example:

I'm in org-agenda and press C-c C-q, select "test" as tag. The result is:

** TODO Update libxxx on AUR
SCHEDULED: <2020-09-20 Sun>  :test:

* Re: [bug] org-agenda-set-tags does not append tags to headline but at cursor
@ 2021-05-31 13:17 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-05-31 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakob Schöttl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jakob Schöttl <jschoett@gmail.com> writes:

> Reproduce:
> The tags are not appended to the task's headline but to the line the
> cursor was.

I tried with Org 9.4.4 and with current master. I cannot reproduce.

Can you try to repeat your steps from emacs -Q?

Best,
Ihor

* Re: [bug] org-agenda-set-tags does not append tags to headline but at cursor
@ 2021-05-31 14:16   ` Jakob Schöttl
From: Jakob Schöttl @ 2021-05-31 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 31.05.21 um 15:17 schrieb Ihor Radchenko:
> Jakob Schöttl <jschoett@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Reproduce:
>> The tags are not appended to the task's headline but to the line the
>> cursor was.
> I tried with Org 9.4.4 and with current master. I cannot reproduce.
>
> Can you try to repeat your steps from emacs -Q?
Thanks for your response! I cannot reproduce with emacs -Q either.

I checked again, C-c C-q in org-agenda is definitely mapped to
org-agenda-set-tags. Can the reason be a certain minor mode in the org
or org-agenda buffer? I'm having evil mode, for example. Do you have
another tipp for debugging?

* Re: [bug] org-agenda-set-tags does not append tags to headline but at cursor
@ 2021-05-31 15:51     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-05-31 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakob Schöttl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jakob Schöttl <jschoett@gmail.com> writes:

> I checked again, C-c C-q in org-agenda is definitely mapped to
> org-agenda-set-tags. Can the reason be a certain minor mode in the org
> or org-agenda buffer? I'm having evil mode, for example. Do you have
> another tipp for debugging?

You can try to bisect your config with bug-hunter. See comments in
https://github.com/yantar92/org/issues/11

Best,
Ihor