* Table of contents position in HTML export
@ 2021-10-04 19:18 Kodi Arfer
From: Kodi Arfer @ 2021-10-04 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I export this file to HTML with `emacs -Q` and Org 9.5

     #+TITLE: example document

     text before headline

     * headline!

     after headline

the table of contents appears before "text before headline", although the manual says "Org normally inserts the table of contents directly before the first headline of the file". So shouldn't it be after "text before headline"? Or is it the manual that's wrong?

* Re: Table of contents position in HTML export
@ 2021-10-20 14:06 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-10-20 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kodi Arfer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Kodi Arfer <kodi@arfer.net> writes:

> the table of contents appears before "text before headline", although the manual says "Org normally inserts the table of contents directly before the first headline of the file". So shouldn't it be after "text before headline"? Or is it the manual that's wrong?

Confirmed.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: Table of contents position in HTML export
@ 2024-02-17 13:36   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-02-17 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Kodi Arfer, emacs-orgmode

> Kodi Arfer <kodi@arfer.net> writes:
>
>> the table of contents appears before "text before headline", although the manual says "Org normally inserts the table of contents directly before the first headline of the file". So shouldn't it be after "text before headline"? Or is it the manual that's wrong?
>
> Confirmed.

Fixed, on main.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=c9fc4c03e
TOC is placed before document contents, not before first headline.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,