* clock entries export to calendar?
@ 2010-02-28 15:07 Ryan E
From: Ryan E @ 2010-02-28 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello All,

I was wondering if it is possible to configure the Org mode iCalendar export
to include CLOCK entries. I'd like my clock entries to show up as
appointments in my calendar application (iCal in this case). I can't seem to
find a way to do it in the docs or faq. Is this possible with Org mode
(without writing a lot of elisp - my elisp skills are lacking)?

Thanks,
Ryan

* Re: clock entries export to calendar?
@ 2010-03-01  7:57 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-01  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan E; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Ryan,

On Feb 28, 2010, at 4:07 PM, Ryan E wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to configure the Org mode
> iCalendar export to include CLOCK entries. I'd like my clock entries
> to show up as appointments in my calendar application (iCal in this
> case). I can't seem to find a way to do it in the docs or faq. Is
> this possible with Org mode (without writing a lot of elisp - my
> elisp skills are lacking)?

This is not possible yet - and my feeling is that if you take clocking
seriously, you'd quickly come to regret that ...  Or am I wrong here?

- Carsten

* Re: clock entries export to calendar?
@ 2010-03-01 11:51   ` Ryan E
From: Ryan E @ 2010-03-01 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks for the info. Yes, I do use clocking frequently and suppose it
is possible I would come to regret it but my goal was to have a quick
way to visualize when and how long I am spending time on the various
projects I am working on. The clock entries would be in a separate
calendar or calendars that I would be able to toggle on and off in my
calendar app so it wouldn't interfere with my normal appointments.
I've been experimenting with the clocktable reports in org-mode and
can get the data I need but I was just looking for a way to see it in
a more visual way. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

@ 2010-03-01 12:10     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-01 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan E; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 1, 2010, at 12:51 PM, Ryan E wrote:

> Thanks for the info. Yes, I do use clocking frequently and suppose it
> is possible I would come to regret it but my goal was to have a quick
> way to visualize when and how long I am spending time on the various
> projects I am working on. The clock entries would be in a separate
> calendar or calendars that I would be able to toggle on and off in my
> calendar app so it wouldn't interfere with my normal appointments.
> I've been experimenting with the clocktable reports in org-mode and
> can get the data I need but I was just looking for a way to see it in
> a more visual way. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

You can also use the org-mode agenda, and turn on logging mode:

C-c a C-u C-u l

HTH

- Carsten

> Thanks!
>
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 2:57 AM, Carsten Dominik
> <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> This is not possible yet - and my feeling is that if you take
>> clocking
>> seriously, you'd quickly come to regret that ...  Or am I wrong here?
>>
>> - Carsten

- Carsten