* Org-Mode API?
@ 2010-09-15 14:24 [AvataR]
From: [AvataR] @ 2010-09-15 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org

Hi!

I want to write simple desktop widget for my todo list in org. I can parse
output of org-agenda, but this way sucks. Is there any clear way to enumerate
all events in file/buffer/whatelse with their properties (like todo
state, deadline etc)?

* Re: Org-Mode API?
@ 2010-09-15 16:21 ` Olivier Schwander
From: Olivier Schwander @ 2010-09-15 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [AvataR]; +Cc: emacs-org

Le 15 Sep 2010 17:24, [AvataR] a écrit:
> I want to write simple desktop widget for my todo list in org. I can parse
> output of org-agenda, but this way sucks. Is there any clear way to enumerate
> all events in file/buffer/whatelse with their properties (like todo
> state, deadline etc)?

I am not sure a separate parser really sucks. It would allow to work
completely independently of Emacs, without depending on various hooks to
guaranty synchronization between org files and you program data.

I am currently writing a Python library for parsing org-file. The main
goal is to build a kind of mobile-org for N900 and Maemo but it's
designed to be enough generic for web applications or desktop
applications.

Currently, it only supports rebuilding the tree of an org file. There is
no release but a public Darcs repository is available at:

http://chadok.info/darcs/orgpy/

Cheers,

Olivier

* Re: Org-Mode API?
@ 2010-09-15 16:43   ` Puneeth
From: Puneeth @ 2010-09-15 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olivier Schwander; +Cc: emacs-org

I'm not sure how much functionality it has, but you should look at orgnode.py
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/orgnode.html

--
Puneeth

* Re: Org-Mode API?
@ 2010-09-15 17:24   ` [AvataR]
From: [AvataR] @ 2010-09-15 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olivier Schwander; +Cc: emacs-org

> I am currently writing a Python library for parsing org-file. The main
> goal is to build a kind of mobile-org for N900 and Maemo but it's
> designed to be enough generic for web applications or desktop
> applications.

Heh. I do same shit for n810 :] But I have emacs there, and it works
ok. I wrote simple script to export agenda via emacsclient to pipe, and
now going to write simple home widget to write incoming data to
desktop.
Python is ok, but it eats additional memory. I don't like python on my tablet :]