* Here is my article on date-trees and capture mode
@ 2010-12-09 11:13 Charles Cave
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Charles Cave @ 2010-12-09 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Here is my article:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/datetree.html

I welcome feedback so I can make the article as useful as possible.

Charles

* Re: Here is my article on date-trees and capture mode
@ 2010-12-10  6:22 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-12-10  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Cave; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Aloha Charles,

The idea to have Org-mode add meaningful structure to notes files
solves a big problem for people like me who lose track of the
organization schemes they design.   It was a revelation (and a huge
relief) to see your date trees.

Many thanks,
Tom

P.S. I found the article clearly written and easy to follow.

@ 2010-12-10 20:58 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-12-10 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Cave; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Charles Cave <charles.cave@gmail.com> writes:

> Here is my article:
>
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/datetree.html
>
> I welcome feedback so I can make the article as useful as possible.
>
> Charles

Very nice article.  Easy to follow and has enough examples to be quite
useful.  I will be interested in knowing how well you get on with your
logging experiment.  I tried something like this in the past but gave up
as I kept forgetting to capture changes in activities (too many
interruptions while in the office, basically).
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.232.g972b0)

* Re: Here is my article on date-trees and capture mode
@ 2010-12-15 18:31 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-12-15 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Cave; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Charles Cave <charles.cave@gmail.com> writes:

> Here is my article:
>
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/datetree.html
>
> I welcome feedback so I can make the article as useful as possible.

Thanks for the clear walk-through! I never cease to be amazed at the
versatility of org. For instance, instead of using a date-tree, one can
organize files by subject and then rely on the agenda's logging
capabilities to reconstruct a daily/weekly journal. Indeed, might it be
worth a mention in the tutorial that a date-tree is not the only way to
do logging in Org-mode?

Org-mode is truly the Perl of PIMs: there's more than one way to do it.

Thanks again for the great tutorial!
Matt