* Beamer export formatting clashes with URL link
@ 2012-03-26  9:40 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2012-03-26  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I just wanted to center and italicize a web URL in Beamer export. First attempt, using /blah/, failed:

#+LaTeX: \begin{center}
/ http://www.celemony.com/cms /
#+LaTeX: \end{center}

Beamer export interpreted the extra slashes as part of the text to center, rather than a formatting indication.

So then I tried:

#+LaTeX: \begin{center} \emph{
http://www.celemony.com/cms
#+LaTeX: } \end{center}

... which then turned into the following ugliness in the tex file:

\begin{center} \emph{
[[http://www.celemony.com/cms][http://www.celemony.com/cms]]
} \end{center}

So my question is -- is there any way to write a URL so that it exports as text rather than dropping in the underlying bracket-y stuff?

For now, I've removed the http:// part and the slide display is okay, but I think there should be a way to write the entire URL.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70@dewdrop-world.net

"Come said the Muse,
Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted,
Sing me the universal."  -- Whitman

* Re: Beamer export formatting clashes with URL link
@ 2012-03-26 15:39 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-03-26 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Harkins; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi James,

James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> writes:

> I just wanted to center and italicize a web URL in Beamer
> export. First attempt, using /blah/, failed:
>
> #+LaTeX: \begin{center}
> / http://www.celemony.com/cms /
> #+LaTeX: \end{center}

I'd suggest to simply use this:

#+LaTeX: \begin{center}
/[[http://www.celemony.com/cms]]/
#+LaTeX: \end{center}

or this:

#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\begin{center}
\emph{http://www.celemony.com/cms}
\end{center}
#+END_LaTeX

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Beamer export formatting clashes with URL link
@ 2012-03-27 14:02   ` James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2012-03-27 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Mon, 26 Mar 2012 17:39:25 +0200,
Bastien wrote:
> I'd suggest to simply use this:
>
> #+LaTeX: \begin{center}
> /[[http://www.celemony.com/cms]]/
> #+LaTeX: \end{center}

Hm, interesting, the font-lock stuff hides the [[ ]] and it looks like it will get the same bad results as before, but it actually works.

Will remember that next time: explicit links instead of auto-formatted.

Thanks!
James