* org-babel and compilation log
@ 2013-05-10 15:55 Mohamed
From: Mohamed @ 2013-05-10 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,
I'm managing my dotEmacs in an org file which is tangled and byte-compiled
using a small function

------------------------------
(defun mh-generate-dot-and-byte-comp ()
(interactive)
"Tangle current buffer and generate the dot emacs which is byte compiled"
(with-current-buffer "dotEmacs.org" (org-babel-tangle))
(byte-compile-file "~/.emacs.el"))
--------------------------------

I'm asking is there any way to switch, in case of error or warning,  from
the Compilation Log file to the original org-mode file (dotEmacs.org)
instead of .emacs.el.

Thanks,
Mohamed

* Re: org-babel and compilation log
@ 2013-05-10 16:05 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-05-10 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohamed; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Mohamed <mohamed.hibti@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
> I'm managing my dotEmacs in an org file which is tangled and byte-compiled
> using a small function
>
> ------------------------------
> (defun mh-generate-dot-and-byte-comp ()
> (interactive)
> "Tangle current buffer and generate the dot emacs which is byte compiled"
> (with-current-buffer "dotEmacs.org" (org-babel-tangle))
> (byte-compile-file "~/.emacs.el"))
> --------------------------------

You may want to use `org-babel-load-file', unless you prefer to run this
manually.

> I'm asking is there any way to switch, in case of error or warning,  from
> the Compilation Log file to the original org-mode file (dotEmacs.org)
> instead of .emacs.el.

Look at the `org-babel-tangle-jump-to-org' function, for it to work you
may need to tangle with the ":comments" header argument set to "link".

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: org-babel and compilation log
@ 2013-05-10 16:33   ` Mohamed
From: Mohamed @ 2013-05-10 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:

> You may want to use `org-babel-load-file', unless you prefer to run this
> manually.

Hello Eric,
Thank you for this swift reply.

I didn't know this before. But my point here is to byte compile my .emacs.el
for the next session. (I have dotEmacs.org ->> .emacs.elc)

> Look at the `org-babel-tangle-jump-to-org' function, for it to work you
> may need to tangle with the ":comments" header argument set to "link".

Great this is really what I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot !!

@ 2013-05-10 17:11     ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-05-10 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohamed; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> I didn't know this before. But my point here is to byte compile my
> .emacs.el for the next session. (I have dotEmacs.org ->> .emacs.elc)

`org-babel-load-file' does support an optional compile argument.

,----

`----

>> Look at the `org-babel-tangle-jump-to-org' function, for it to work you
>> may need to tangle with the ":comments" header argument set to "link".
>
> Great this is really what I'm looking for.
>
> Thanks a lot !!

Great, happy to help.

--
Eric Schulte