* trunc fill modes?
@ 2014-02-28  0:41 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2014-02-28  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This is probably more an emacs question than org-mode, but ...

On my MacBook Pro at work, running Aquamacs 3.0a, in Org mode the mode
line shows

Org Trunc Fill

However, on my MacBook at home, it shows

Org Trunc Spc

I like the way the first one works. How can I make the second one have
the same modes by default as the first?

Thanks!

-pd

--
----
Peter Davis

* Re: trunc fill modes?
@ 2014-02-28 17:06 ` Richard Lawrence
From: Richard Lawrence @ 2014-02-28 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:

> On my MacBook Pro at work, running Aquamacs 3.0a, in Org mode the mode
> line shows
>
> ... Fill

I think you want auto-fill-mode.  See:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Auto-Fill.html

Auto-fill-mode is an Emacs minor mode.  You can make sure it's turned on
in Org (which is a major mode) by adding it to Org's mode hook:

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook                   ; add a function to the Org mode hook...
          (lambda () (auto-fill-mode 1)))  ; that ensures auto-fill-mode is on

Put that somewhere in your ~/.emacs, restart Emacs (to reload your
~/.emacs), and you should see "Fill" in the mode line when you're in Org
mode.

You can do the same for other modes by swapping out the "org-mode-hook"
symbol for the appropriate hook variable for another mode (usually
called MODE-NAME-hook).

Best,
Richard

(If possible, please encrypt your reply to me using my PGP key:
Key ID: CF6FA646
Fingerprint: 9969 43E1 CF6F A646.
See http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~rwl/encryption.html for more information.)