* input date/time properties
@ 2014-07-17  9:46 Eike Kettner
From: Eike Kettner @ 2014-07-17  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear List,

I've discovered orgmode only several weeks ago and this was a great
day. So this is my first post and I want to thank you all making this
free software!

Now I have several org files and I sometimes want to attach date or
datetime properties to a headline. So I type C-c C-x p and answer the
minibuffer. For a date/time value I'd like to use the nice input method
(I think provided by `org-read-date') but I cannot figure out how to
enable it when adding properties this way. Is this possible or should I
add the PROPERTIES drawer first and then use C-c ! to add date value?

Also, how can I instruct org to update the date value of a property?
(If I hit C-c C-c inside the property drawer the property action menu
appears.)

kind regards
Eike