* org-tag-alist - more tags in one keystroke
@ 2015-03-02 13:41 David Belohrad
From: David Belohrad @ 2015-03-02 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear All,

i'm using ordinary org-tag-alist:

setq org-tag-alist '(
			("Attachment" . ?a)
			("Budget" . ?b))

my question is, can I specify more tags for a single shortcut? Like:

setq org-tag-alist '(
			;; lowercase are general 'widely used' flags
			("Attachment" . ?a)
			("Budget:@Home" . ?b))

Whatever I do, I cannot force to make it running. My stuff is, that I
have people names assigned under tags, and sometimes it happens that the
names are the same, hence I need to distinguish according to surname:

setq org-tag-alist '(
			("@Pedersen:Joseph" . ?a)
			("@Pedersen:Claire" . ?b))

^^^ the above does not work. Is there any way how to make it working?

thanks
.d.

* Re: org-tag-alist - more tags in one keystroke
@ 2015-08-05  0:00 ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2015-08-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi David,

David Belohrad <david@belohrad.ch> writes:

> ^^^ the above does not work. Is there any way how to make it
> working?

This can't be done the way you tried, but I'd use registers for this:

(set-register ?a ":adam:alice:joe:bill")

Then call C-x r i a to insert it.

Or maybe some other mechanism.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-tag-alist - more tags in one keystroke
@ 2015-08-10  8:17   ` David Belohrad
From: David Belohrad @ 2015-08-10  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Bastien,

thanks for this hint. At the end I have re-organised the tags naming
such, that this is not needed any more. Going through the registers is
an option, at the same time I feel that this solution is far less
ergonomic than pressing a single key during tags selection :)

many thanks again

.d.

Dr. David Belohrad, Div. BE-BI
C.E.R.N. Site de Prevessin, F-01631 CERN CEDEX
http://www.cern.ch
David.Belohrad@cern.ch
Tel +41.22.76.76318  Fax +41.22.76.69056
GSM +41.75.411.3455