* Specify org-latex-pdf-process for a single file?
@ 2015-07-20  1:35 Vikas Rawal
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2015-07-20  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I specify org-latex-pdf-process for a single file? I am working on a book manuscript, where I need to run makeindex and biber, along with xelatex. That is not normally needed in every document. Can I org-latex-pdf-process in the document itself?

Vikas

* Re: Specify org-latex-pdf-process for a single file?
@ 2015-07-20  2:15 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-07-20  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aloha Vikas,

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

> How do I specify org-latex-pdf-process for a single file? I am working on a book manuscript, where I need to run makeindex and biber, along with xelatex. That is not normally needed in every document. Can I org-latex-pdf-process in the document itself?

Yes, you can use a local variable.

I like to store configuration components in the library of babel and
call them from there.

So, I have is in the library:

#+name: set-pdf-process-biber
#+header: :results silent
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq org-latex-pdf-process
        '("pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
          "biber %b"
          "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
          "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"))
#+end_src

Near the bottom of my document, in a heading tagged :noexport:, I have
this:

# Local Variables:
# eval: (sbe "set-pdf-process-biber")

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Specify org-latex-pdf-process for a single file?
@ 2015-07-20  9:13 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-07-20  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

> How do I specify org-latex-pdf-process for a single file? I am working
> on a book manuscript, where I need to run makeindex and biber, along
> with xelatex. That is not normally needed in every document. Can I
> org-latex-pdf-process in the document itself?

I'd just use "latexmk -xelatex".  It supports makeindex and biber out of
the box.  Bind org-latex-pdf-process it or use a file-local variable.

Also, feel free to test my recent patch for changing the latex variant on
a file to file basis.

Rasmus

--
And I faced endless streams of vendor-approved Ikea furniture. . .

* Re: Specify org-latex-pdf-process for a single file?
@ 2015-07-20 10:29 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-07-20 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, 20 Jul 2015 at 07:05, Vikas Rawal wrote:
> How do I specify org-latex-pdf-process for a single file? I am working
> on a book manuscript, where I need to run makeindex and biber, along
> with xelatex. That is not normally needed in every document. Can I
> org-latex-pdf-process in the document itself?
>
> Vikas

I have the following at the end of most of my org files that are
intended to be exported to LaTeX et al.:

# Local Variables:
# org-export-allow-bind-keywords: t
# org-latex-pdf-process: ("pdflatex %f")
# eval: (esf/execute-startup-block)
# End:

where the src block esf/execute-startup-block does more general file
specific settings.  Obviously, adapt the pdf process variable to your
needs.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-1260-gcedef7

* Re: Specify org-latex-pdf-process for a single file?
@ 2015-07-20 15:49   ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2015-07-20 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks all. I was not familiar with this way of defining local variables. Just checked the relevant part of the manual. Very useful.

Thanks,

Vikas

@ 2015-07-27  8:42     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-07-27  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists-gY6uWiqvZ+vta4EC/59zMGD2FQJk+8+b@public.gmane.org> writes:
> Thanks all. I was not familiar with this way of defining local variables. Just
> checked the relevant part of the manual. Very useful.

And, finally, one solution exposed on Worg:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#using-xelatex-for-pdf-export

Best regards,
  Seb

--