* promote/demote indentation behaviour
@ 2015-09-08 12:32 lipidic man
From: lipidic man @ 2015-09-08 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I have updated from org-mode 8.2.10 to 8.3.1 and the behaviour of

(org-do-promote), (org-do-demote), (org-promote-subtree), (org-demote-subtree)

has changed.  It now indents an unindented paragraph when demoting the headline.
e.g.
** subsection
There is a pre-defined list of commands, and you can add more such
commands using the variable org-speed-commands-user

This did not occur before and does not seem like desired behaviour.  I have checked this occurs in the testing build also.

* Re: promote/demote indentation behaviour
@ 2015-09-08 15:45 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-09-08 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lipidic man; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

lipidic man <lipidicman@yahoo.com> writes:

> I have updated from org-mode 8.2.10 to 8.3.1 and the behaviour of
>
> (org-do-promote), (org-do-demote), (org-promote-subtree), (org-demote-subtree)
>
> has changed.  It now indents an unindented paragraph when demoting the headline.
> e.g.
> ** subsection
> There is a pre-defined list of commands, and you can add more such
> commands using the variable org-speed-commands-user
>
> This did not occur before and does not seem like desired behaviour.

According to `org-adapt-indentation' it is the desired behaviour. You
may want to set this variable to nil instead.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: promote/demote indentation behaviour
@ 2015-09-08 16:05   ` lipidic man
From: lipidic man @ 2015-09-08 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Thanks.
That works.  It stops unindented paragraphs from being moved.  However under 8.2.10 the behaviour was to move indented text, but leave unindented text alone.  Any ideas on how to achieve this?

@ 2015-09-08 19:09     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-09-08 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lipidic man; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

lipidic man <lipidicman@yahoo.com> writes:

> That works.  It stops unindented paragraphs from being moved.  However
> under 8.2.10 the behaviour was to move indented text, but leave
> unindented text alone.

It was probably a bug then, since it was not following specifications.

> Any ideas on how to achieve this?

You could bring text at column 1 back to column 0 with a function added
to `org-after-promote-entry-hook'.