* Bug capturing to a file while visiting buffer and auto-revert-mode active
@ 2016-09-30 22:25 Michael Fiano
From: Michael Fiano @ 2016-09-30 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If you visit an empty file buffer (0 bytes), turn auto-revert-mode on, and
capture something to this file, it will appear as if the buffer is still
empty. The cursor appears to be on an empty first line, but in reality, the
rest of the file contents are off screen and you must scroll up to see
them. Alternatively, manually calling revert-buffer will shift the view so
the file contents are displayed. It seems like auto-revert-mode and
org-capturing are not playing nice together. It took me a few hours to
realize that the buffer indeed was modified, but you had to scroll up to
see that it was.

* Re: Bug capturing to a file while visiting buffer and auto-revert-mode active
@ 2016-10-08 14:00 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-10-08 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Fiano; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Michael Fiano <michael.fiano@gmail.com> writes:

> If you visit an empty file buffer (0 bytes), turn auto-revert-mode on, and
> capture something to this file, it will appear as if the buffer is still
> empty. The cursor appears to be on an empty first line, but in reality, the
> rest of the file contents are off screen and you must scroll up to see
> them. Alternatively, manually calling revert-buffer will shift the view so
> the file contents are displayed. It seems like auto-revert-mode and
> org-capturing are not playing nice together. It took me a few hours to
> realize that the buffer indeed was modified, but you had to scroll up to
> see that it was.

Could you provide a more precise ECM? E.g., the capture template you
use...

Nicolas Goaziou