* Bridging bugtrackers and orgmode (CC Labs blogpost)
@ 2010-11-10 19:49 Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2010-11-10 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

I pushed a blogpost today on how I bridge together our bugtracker at
Creative Commons with my own private TODO list in orgmode:

http://labs.creativecommons.org/2010/11/10/bridging-public-bugtrackers-and-local-tasklists/

I'm curious if other people are doing something different or similar.
Also, would this be a good topic for me to add to Worg?

 - Christopher Allan Webber

* Re: Bridging bugtrackers and orgmode (CC Labs blogpost)
@ 2010-11-10 21:13 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-11-10 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Allan Webber; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Christopher,

David Maus is maintaining a page on Worg which tracks Org-mode
development tasks [1] and maintains links to both messages in this
mailing list and patches in the Org-mode patchwork server [2].  While
this solves a slightly different problem than the setup you describe in
your blog post I think the two are certainly related.

It would be great to add something to Worg (even if it is just a link to
your blog post).  I'm not sure where this would best fit into Worg, but
either an entry into the FAQ page or into the Babel examples page would
certainly work.

I really enjoyed your blog post, and I'm always happy to see Babel being
used successfully.

Thanks for sharing! -- Eric

Christopher Allan Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I pushed a blogpost today on how I bridge together our bugtracker at
> Creative Commons with my own private TODO list in orgmode:
>
> http://labs.creativecommons.org/2010/11/10/bridging-public-bugtrackers-and-local-tasklists/
>
> I'm curious if other people are doing something different or similar.
> Also, would this be a good topic for me to add to Worg?
>
>  - Christopher Allan Webber

Footnotes:
[1]  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-issues.php

[2]  http://patchwork.newartisans.com/

* Re: Bridging bugtrackers and orgmode (CC Labs blogpost)
@ 2010-11-10 22:25   ` Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2010-11-10 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Yes, I've seen org-issues, which is very cool.  It's actually almost the
reverse of what I'm describing (using orgmode to make a bugtracker out
of other data), so in that sense it is related. :)

I'll look at adding it, or a link to the post, to worg somewhere then.

Thanks, and glad you enjoyed the post.