emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* #+headers: :tangle doesn't work
@ 2013-01-23 15:43 Myles English
  2013-01-26 20:11 ` Eric Schulte
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Myles English @ 2013-01-23 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs orgmode-mailinglist


Hi,

I'd just like to record a minor inconsistency in case anyone is looking
at the code and decides they can change it.  The tangle variable can't
go in the #+headers line:

#+headers: :tangle a.sh
#+begin_src sh
echo "this won't be tangled"
#+end_src

#+begin_src sh :tangle a.sh
echo "this will be tangled"
#+end_src

Thanks,

Myles

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: #+headers: :tangle doesn't work
  2013-01-23 15:43 #+headers: :tangle doesn't work Myles English
@ 2013-01-26 20:11 ` Eric Schulte
  2013-01-26 20:39   ` Myles English
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-01-26 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Myles English; +Cc: emacs orgmode-mailinglist

Myles English <mylesenglish@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd just like to record a minor inconsistency in case anyone is looking
> at the code and decides they can change it.  The tangle variable can't
> go in the #+headers line:
>
> #+headers: :tangle a.sh
> #+begin_src sh
> echo "this won't be tangled"
> #+end_src
>
> #+begin_src sh :tangle a.sh
> echo "this will be tangled"
> #+end_src
>
> Thanks,
>
> Myles
>

Hi Myles,

Please ensure that you have the latest version of Org-mode loaded.  When
I tangle a file containing the above two code blocks both are tangled
correctly to a.sh.  If I then remove the #+headers: line only the second
block is tangled, so it appears everything is working as expected.

Best,

-- 
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: #+headers: :tangle doesn't work
  2013-01-26 20:11 ` Eric Schulte
@ 2013-01-26 20:39   ` Myles English
  2013-01-26 20:59     ` Eric Schulte
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Myles English @ 2013-01-26 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs orgmode-mailinglist


Hi Eric,

Thanks for taking a look at this.

Eric Schulte writes:

> Myles English <mylesenglish@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> I'd just like to record a minor inconsistency in case anyone is looking
>> at the code and decides they can change it.  The tangle variable can't
>> go in the #+headers line:
>>
>> #+headers: :tangle a.sh
>> #+begin_src sh
>> echo "this won't be tangled"
>> #+end_src
>>
>> #+begin_src sh :tangle a.sh
>> echo "this will be tangled"
>> #+end_src
>>

> Please ensure that you have the latest version of Org-mode loaded.

Using a very recent git.

> When I tangle a file containing the above two code blocks both are
> tangled correctly to a.sh.  If I then remove the #+headers: line only
> the second block is tangled,

I get that too.

> so it appears everything is working as expected.

Not so fast, if I try to tangle each block separately C-u C-c C-v t then
the one with #+headers: doesn't tangle and there is the message:

"tangled 0 code blocks from x.org"

Myles

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: #+headers: :tangle doesn't work
  2013-01-26 20:39   ` Myles English
@ 2013-01-26 20:59     ` Eric Schulte
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-01-26 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Myles English; +Cc: emacs orgmode-mailinglist

>> so it appears everything is working as expected.
>
> Not so fast, if I try to tangle each block separately C-u C-c C-v t then
> the one with #+headers: doesn't tangle and there is the message:
>
> "tangled 0 code blocks from x.org"
>

I just pushed up a fix.  Thanks for finding this bug.

-- 
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2013-01-26 21:05 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2013-01-23 15:43 #+headers: :tangle doesn't work Myles English
2013-01-26 20:11 ` Eric Schulte
2013-01-26 20:39   ` Myles English
2013-01-26 20:59     ` Eric Schulte

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).