* org-caldav and repeat entries
@ 2013-10-13 11:54 Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-10-13 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Org-list,

How do you guys manage repeated irregular entries when using
org-caldav?

In particular, I have entries like

* Course with irregular times
   <2013-09-23 Mon 15:30-17:30>
   <2013-09-24 Tue 15:00-17:00>
   <2013-10-18 Fri 15:00-17:00>

Or

* Person X visiting
   <2013-09-21 Fri>--<2013-10-02 Tue>
   <2013-11-15 Fri 17:52>--<2013-11-18 Mon 13:00>

With these I get double entry errors/warnings when syncing with
org-caldav and only the first entry is displayed on my phone's
calendar, it seems.

I have quite a backlog of entries in this format, but I would,
reluctantly, switch to another format if that would make it work with
org-caldav.  I'm not sure which format is better though, or whether
there's a more appropriate way to specify reoccurring events.

Thanks,
Rasmus

PS: There's a new application in F-Droid (supposedly also in the
Google repo), that seems /very/ promising for DAV-sync.  It's called
DAVdroid,

     http://davdroid.bitfire.at/what-is-davdroid

So far calendar sync works great!  I will test ASynk/BBDB ↔ DAVdroid
later.

--
This is the kind of tedious nonsense up with which I will not put

* Re: org-caldav and repeat entries
@ 2013-10-15 17:07 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-10-15 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Hi Org-list,
>
> How do you guys manage repeated irregular entries when using
> org-caldav?

I use a different heading for each event so I never have multiple
timestamps within a given section.  So I can't help you directly with
your problem.

However, note that MobileOrg also does Google calendar synchronisation
on Android phones.  I currently use org-caldav but I was happily using
MobileOrg's sync capability a while ago and I assume it still works
well.  I stopped using it only because I ended up with a Symbian phone
for work (long story) and so moved to org-caldav when that appeared.  I
am now back on Android but haven't moved back completely to MobileOrg as
org-caldav works very well for me (it ain't broke so...).

HTH,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.2.1-86-gbe3dad

* Re: org-caldav and repeat entries
@ 2013-10-15 17:51   ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-10-15 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric,

> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:
>
>> Hi Org-list,
>>
>> How do you guys manage repeated irregular entries when using
>> org-caldav?
>
> I use a different heading for each event so I never have multiple
> timestamps within a given section.  So I can't help you directly with
> your problem.

OK.

> However, note that MobileOrg also does Google calendar synchronisation
> on Android phones.  I currently use org-caldav but I was happily using
> MobileOrg's sync capability a while ago and I assume it still works
> well.  I stopped using it only because I ended up with a Symbian phone
> for work (long story) and so moved to org-caldav when that appeared.  I
> am now back on Android but haven't moved back completely to MobileOrg as
> org-caldav works very well for me (it ain't broke so...).

I used to use MobileOrg.  But currently I use a SabreDAV server to
sync.  I haven't got the Google Calc, but I've got normal CalDAV.

–Rasmus

--
Vote for proprietary math!