* semantic-mode is conflict with org-mode
@ 2014-02-06  1:06 Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2014-02-06  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

semantic-mode uses `C-c ,' as a prefix for several commands.  org-mode uses
`C-c ,' for org-priority.  I don't use semantic-mode within org-mode.  Is
there a way to disable semantic-mode just in org-mode buffers in Emacs?
If so, can someone include in in [[info:org#Conflicts]]?

(I'm using Org 8.2.5c on Emacs 24.3.50.)
--
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

* Re: semantic-mode is conflict with org-mode
@ 2014-02-06  8:21 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-02-06  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Xue Fuqiao wrote:
> semantic-mode uses `C-c ,' as a prefix for several commands.  org-mode uses
> `C-c ,' for org-priority.  I don't use semantic-mode within org-mode.  Is
> there a way to disable semantic-mode just in org-mode buffers in Emacs?
> If so, can someone include in in [[info:org#Conflicts]]?
>
> (I'm using Org 8.2.5c on Emacs 24.3.50.)

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-01/msg00866.html.

It shows this is not the only key binding stolen by Org mode.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: semantic-mode is conflict with org-mode
@ 2014-02-06 10:36   ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2014-02-06 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
** Sebastien Vauban [2014-02-06 09:21:43 +0100]:

> Xue Fuqiao wrote:
>> semantic-mode uses `C-c ,' as a prefix for several commands.  org-mode uses
>> `C-c ,' for org-priority.  I don't use semantic-mode within org-mode.  Is
>> there a way to disable semantic-mode just in org-mode buffers in Emacs?
>> If so, can someone include in in [[info:org#Conflicts]]?

>> (I'm using Org 8.2.5c on Emacs 24.3.50.)

> See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-01/msg00866.html.

> It shows this is not the only key binding stolen by Org mode.

On contrary, semantic-mode is minor mode so it hides `C-c ,' binded by
Org mode (that it shouldn't do, that thread is about that).

> Best regards,
>   Seb

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
The first version always gets thrown away.

* Re: semantic-mode is conflict with org-mode
@ 2014-02-06 10:37     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-02-06 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Lomov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl@gmail.com> writes:

> On contrary, semantic-mode is minor mode so it hides `C-c ,' binded by
> Org mode (that it shouldn't do, that thread is about that).

Yes.  This calls for a solution in maint.  I'll look into this.

--
 Bastien