* mark parent of current heading
@ 2014-03-12  4:13 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2014-03-12  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

is it possible to mark, not the current subtree, but one level up from
the current subtree?  I would like to add that level to the org
bindings for expand-region,

https://github.com/magnars/expand-region.el/blob/master/the-org-mode-expansions.el

Thanks folks!

Matt

* Re: mark parent of current heading
@ 2014-03-12  9:15 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-03-12  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> is it possible to mark, not the current subtree, but one level up from
> the current subtree?  I would like to add that level to the org
> bindings for expand-region,
>
> https://github.com/magnars/expand-region.el/blob/master/the-org-mode-expansions.el

you are probably looking for something more sophisticated, but this
(untested) snippet should do the job when you are on a subheadline:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (save-excursion
    (org-up-element)
    (org-mark-subtree)))
#+end_src

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: mark parent of current heading
@ 2014-03-12 15:19 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-12 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: Org Mode

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> is it possible to mark, not the current subtree, but one level up from
> the current subtree?

Interactively, this would be

C-c C-^ M-h

if point is on the headline,

C-c C-^ C-c C-^ M-h

if point is within the subtree.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: mark parent of current heading
@ 2014-03-13 17:58   ` Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2014-03-13 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Org Mode

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 5:15 AM, Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> is it possible to mark, not the current subtree, but one level up from
>> the current subtree?  I would like to add that level to the org
>> bindings for expand-region,
>>
>> https://github.com/magnars/expand-region.el/blob/master/the-org-mode-expansions.el
>
> you are probably looking for something more sophisticated, but this
> (untested) snippet should do the job when you are on a subheadline:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (save-excursion
>     (org-up-element)
>     (org-mark-subtree)))
> #+end_src

Thanks Thorsten,

This is in fact almost exactly what I was looking for, but it seems
expand-region needs something rather more sophisticated, I'll get back
to the list when I have it figured out.  Thank you!

Matt