* is it possible to export a list of custom blocks?
@ 2014-08-21 18:13 Stephen J. Barr
From: Stephen J. Barr @ 2014-08-21 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode list

I have a document that has a lot of definitions defined as custom
blocks, eg.

    #+LABEL: defn:my-great-definition
    #+ATTR_LATEX: :options [My Great Definition]
    #+begin_definition
    Blah blah.....
    #+end_definition

Would it be possible to export to .tex a file that has all of the
definitions in sequence?

Thanks,
Stephen

--
Sent with my mu4e

* Re: is it possible to export a list of custom blocks?
@ 2014-08-21 18:49 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-08-21 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Stephen J. Barr" <stevejb@uw.edu> writes:

> I have a document that has a lot of definitions defined as custom
> blocks, eg.
>
>     #+LABEL: defn:my-great-definition
>     #+ATTR_LATEX: :options [My Great Definition]
>     #+begin_definition
>     Blah blah.....
>     #+end_definition
>

> Would it be possible to export to .tex a file that has all of the
> definitions in sequence?

It seems to work out of the box, but maybe I don't understand your question:

#+LABEL: defn:my-great-definition
#+ATTR_LATEX: :options [My Great Definition]
#+begin_definition
Blah blah.....
#+end_definition

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(org-export-as 'latex)
#+END_SRC

#+results:
#+begin_example
% Created 2014-08-21 Do 20:48
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{fixltx2e}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{rotating}
\usepackage[normalem]{ulem}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{marvosym}
\usepackage{wasysym}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\tolerance=1000
\author{Thorsten Jolitz}
\date{\today}
\title{}
\hypersetup{
 pdfkeywords={},
  pdfsubject={},
  pdfcreator={Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.3beta)}}
\begin{document}

\tableofcontents

\section{--text follows this line--}
\label{sec-1}
"Stephen J. Barr" <stevejb@uw.edu> writes:

> I have a document that has a lot of definitions defined as custom
> blocks, eg.
>
>     \#+LABEL: defn:my-great-definition
>     \#+ATTR\(_{\text{LATEX}}\): :options [My Great Definition]
>     \#+begin\(_{\text{definition}}\)
>     Blah blah\ldots{}..
>     \#+end\(_{\text{definition}}\)
>

> Would it be possible to export to .tex a file that has all of the
> definitions in sequence?

It seems to work out of the box, but maybe I don't understand your question:

\begin{definition}[My Great Definition]
\label{defn:my-great-definition}
Blah blah\ldots{}..
\end{definition}

\begin{verbatim}
(org-export-as 'latex)
\end{verbatim}

--
cheers,
Thorsten

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: is it possible to export a list of custom blocks?
@ 2014-08-21 23:52   ` Stephen J. Barr
From: Stephen J. Barr @ 2014-08-21 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

My apologies for the ambiguity. I am happy with the way the block itself
exports. I have a document with many such blocks interspersed throughout
the document. I wanted to create an org document which contains just
these blocks, and then export that document to .tex.

E.g., if I had a paper, I would like a document containing just the
terms defined in the paper, and none of the rest of the content.

Thanks,
Stephen

--
Sent with my mu4e