* Documentation for NOBLOCKING property?
@ 2014-11-23  2:59 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2014-11-23  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Just now, I needed to exempt a couple of subtrees from TODO dependency blocking. I found that you can do this by setting a subtree property NOBLOCKING.

This option appears to be undocumented (by which I mean, it isn't mentioned in the manual's dependency checking page, and a web search for "orgmode todo noblocking" turned up pages about TODOs but none with any obvious reference to noblocking). I found the property by grepping the .el sources for "blocked" to find the org-todo function, and then scanning the function until I found something that looked like property access.

Was it intentional to omit this from the documentation?

hjh

* Re: Documentation for NOBLOCKING property?
@ 2014-11-23  3:14 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-11-23  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

James Harkins <jamshark70@qq.com> writes:

> Just now, I needed to exempt a couple of subtrees from TODO dependency
> blocking. I found that you can do this by setting a subtree property
> NOBLOCKING.
>
> This option appears to be undocumented (by which I mean, it isn't
> mentioned in the manual's dependency checking page, and a web search
> for "orgmode todo noblocking" turned up pages about TODOs but none
> with any obvious reference to noblocking). I found the property by
> grepping the .el sources for "blocked" to find the org-todo function,
> and then scanning the function until I found something that looked
> like property access.
>
> Was it intentional to omit this from the documentation?

Indeed I have *never* heard of this.  I guess it should be documented or
something.

Would you provide a patch?

—Rasmus

--
Er du tosset for noge' lårt!

* Re: Documentation for NOBLOCKING property?
@ 2014-12-01 14:53 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-12-01 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Harkins; +Cc: orgmode

Hi James,

James Harkins <jamshark70@qq.com> writes:

> Was it intentional to omit this from the documentation?

I just documented this in master, thanks.

--
 Bastien