* Title/Author missing in Markdown export?
@ 2015-04-28 14:05 Andreas Hilboll
From: Andreas Hilboll @ 2015-04-28 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using the current git master, any exported Markdown doesn't include
title, author, and date information.  Is this desired behaviour, or is
it a bug?

-- Andreas.

* Re: Title/Author missing in Markdown export?
@ 2015-04-28 14:08 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-04-28 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Andreas Hilboll <lists@hilboll.de> writes:

> Using the current git master, any exported Markdown doesn't include
> title, author, and date information.  Is this desired behaviour, or is
> it a bug?

AFAIK it's a "feature".

--
⠠⠵

* Re: Title/Author missing in Markdown export?
@ 2016-05-07  9:55   ` Daniel E. Doherty
From: Daniel E. Doherty @ 2016-05-07  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 09:08:45 -0500,
Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> wrote:

> Andreas Hilboll <lists@hilboll.de> writes:
>
> > Using the current git master, any exported Markdown doesn't include
> > title, author, and date information.  Is this desired behaviour, or is
> > it a bug?
>
> AFAIK it's a "feature".
>
> --
> ⠠⠵

Rasmus,

Not sure whether you were being ironic on this, but I've noticed that exports
in LaTeX, odt, and HTML, not longer seem to pick up the buffer name as the
title as formerly and as the manual claims.

`TITLE'
     The title to be shown (otherwise derived from buffer's name).  You
     can use several such keywords for long titles.

Same is true of author:

`AUTHOR'
     The document author (`user-full-name').

I rather liked having this be the default with the option to change it.  So,
is this the intended behavior, or is the manual wrong?

Regards,

Dan Doherty

* Re: Title/Author missing in Markdown export?
@ 2016-05-07 12:12     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-05-07 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

"Daniel E. Doherty" <ded@ddoherty.net> writes:

> On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 09:08:45 -0500,
> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> wrote:
>>
>> Andreas Hilboll <lists@hilboll.de> writes:
>>
>> > Using the current git master, any exported Markdown doesn't include
>> > title, author, and date information.  Is this desired behaviour, or is
>> > it a bug?
>>
>> AFAIK it's a "feature".
>>
>> --
>> ⠠⠵
>>

> Rasmus,
>
> Not sure whether you were being ironic on this,

Rasmus is correct. Vanilla Mardown doesn't provide any way to specify
a title or an author in a document.

Of course, if there's some standard way to do this, we can extend
"ox-md.el" accordingly. The same goes for table of contents, generated
as HTML for the time being.

> but I've noticed that exports in LaTeX, odt, and HTML, not longer seem
> to pick up the buffer name as the title as formerly and as the manual
> claims.
>
> `TITLE'
>      The title to be shown (otherwise derived from buffer's name).  You
>      can use several such keywords for long titles.
>
> Same is true of author:
>
> `AUTHOR'
>      The document author (`user-full-name').
>
> I rather liked having this be the default with the option to change it.  So,
> is this the intended behavior, or is the manual wrong?

You are looking at an outdated manual. This change was introduced
2 years ago (commit 604b93892caa8a646ced1ac7089461614bb9bffa). You may
want to search ML archives for the discussion about it.

You can probably use something like

 #+TITLE: {{{input-file}}}

to get the old behaviour back.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Title/Author missing in Markdown export?
@ 2016-05-16 21:12       ` Doherty, Daniel
From: Doherty, Daniel @ 2016-05-16 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus, Org-mode List