* Re: Vertically aligning images in tables?
@ 2016-01-15 15:16 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2016-01-15 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:
>
>> Have I missed something?
>
> Must it be a table? If not you might have missed the subcaption package.
>
>     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/92820

Thank you, Rasmus.

This solution looks very specific to a particular problem. I'm not interested in captions at all. I just have 3 images, roughly the
same width by different heights, and I'd like to place them side by side, with the tops aligned. I doesn't have to be a table, but I
assume that would be the simplest way to do this (except I haven't made it work yet.)

Thanks,
-pd

* Re: Vertically aligning images in tables?
@ 2016-01-15 18:26 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2016-01-15 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thank you, Rasmus.

Regards,
-pd

@ 2016-01-15 18:24 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2016-01-15 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi, John,

Yes, of course I Googled it first. I went through the first couple of pages of results without finding anything that appeared to be
suitable for use with org. Of course, I'm neither a LaTeX expert nor an Org expert, so it's likely that I misunderstood.

You seem to have a complaint about every question I post here, so evidently I'm abusing the list. I'm sorry for taking up too much
of your time.

Goodbye.
-pd

@ 2016-01-15 18:18 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2016-01-15 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On Thursday, 14 Jan 2016 at 17:05, Peter Davis wrote:
>> I'm trying to place three images side-by-side to they're top-aligned,
>> but I can't see to find a way to get org-mode to do this. My
>
> Following up on my previous email, I couldn't resist...
>
> A LaTeX hack that works is:
>
> #+begin_src org
>   ,* introduction
>   ,#+latex: \newcommand{\boxedimage}[1]{\parbox[b][20pt][t]{1.5cm}{\includegraphics[scale=0.3]{#1}}}
>   ,#+MACRO: p  \boxedimage{$1}
>   ,#+ATTR_LATEX: :align ccc
>   |------------------+------------------+--------------------|
>   | {{{p(./A.png)}}} | {{{p(./B.png)}}} | {{{p(./C.png)}}}   |
>   |------------------+------------------+--------------------|
>
> #+end_src
>
> I tried to have everything in the macro but org started escaping some of
> the curly braces unfortunately...

Thanks, Eric. This seems very close, although in one case, the text below the table is overlapping the images. I should be able to
fix that.

Thank you!

-pd

* Vertically aligning images in tables?