* scaling graphics in org-mode exported to latex
@ 2016-06-30 12:42 Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2016-06-30 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

I'm trying to get a 'list of figures' in an org-mode export to latex,
but I'm finding difficulties in inserting graphics in org-mode. My
graphic insert code is -

#+CAPTION: Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube
#+ATTR_LaTeX: scale=0.2
[[./images/percutaneous-endoscopic-gas.jpg]]

The caption works, the graphics inserts works, but how do I scale it please?

I've googled it and tried various solutions, but none are working, so
how do I do it please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.4, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.0.95

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: scaling graphics in org-mode exported to latex
@ 2016-06-30 13:01 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2016-06-30 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharon Kimble; +Cc: org-mode-email

On 2016-06-30 14:42, Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

> I'm trying to get a 'list of figures' in an org-mode export to latex,
> but I'm finding difficulties in inserting graphics in org-mode. My
> graphic insert code is -
>
> #+CAPTION: Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube
> #+ATTR_LaTeX: scale=0.2
> [[./images/percutaneous-endoscopic-gas.jpg]]
>
> The caption works, the graphics inserts works, but how do I scale it please?
>
> I've googled it and tried various solutions, but none are working, so
> how do I do it please?

Have you tried:
#+ATTR_LaTeX: :scale 0.2
?

I know it works with :width, so it may work with scale as well.

Best,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2015-05: 403.94, 2016-05: 407.70

@ 2016-06-30 13:03 ` Max Linke
From: Max Linke @ 2016-06-30 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharon Kimble, org-mode-email

I typically set a fixed width in latex like so.

  #+CAPTION: Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube
  #+ATTR_LaTeX: :width 0.3\linewidth
  [[./images/percutaneous-endoscopic-gas.jpg]]

Important to note that I write `:width` with a beginning double point.
I can't get the `scale` to work even with a double point.

best Max

@ 2016-06-30 13:29   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-06-30 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max Linke; +Cc: org-mode-email, Sharon Kimble

Hello,

Max Linke <max_linke@gmx.de> writes:

> I typically set a fixed width in latex like so.
>
>   #+CAPTION: Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube
>   #+ATTR_LaTeX: :width 0.3\linewidth
>   [[./images/percutaneous-endoscopic-gas.jpg]]
>
> Important to note that I write `:width` with a beginning double point.
> I can't get the `scale` to work even with a double point.

There is no support for scale out of the box, so it goes into the
catch-all :options keyword, e.g.,

     #+ATTR_LATEX: :width 5cm :options scale=2
     [[./img/sed-hr4049.pdf]]

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: scaling graphics in org-mode exported to latex
@ 2016-06-30 17:03   ` Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2016-06-30 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max Linke; +Cc: org-mode-email

Max Linke <max_linke@gmx.de> writes:

> I typically set a fixed width in latex like so.
>
>   #+CAPTION: Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube
>   #+ATTR_LaTeX: :width 0.3\linewidth
>
>   [[./images/percutaneous-endoscopic-gas.jpg]]
>
> Important to note that I write `:width` with a beginning double point.
> I can't get the `scale` to work even with a double point.

Thanks Max, this works perfectly.

Thanks
Sharon.

@ 2016-06-30 17:36   ` Sharon Kimble