* Babel: verbatim results yield a table
@ 2018-08-02 12:19 Jarmo Hurri
From: Jarmo Hurri @ 2018-08-02 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings.

The org manual states that in the :results header argument of a block

verbatim Interpret literally and insert as quoted text. Do not create a
         table. Usage example: :results value verbatim

The quote above is from https://orgmode.org/manual/results.html

Given this description, I am trying to understand the result below from
a Scheme snippet (this is an exercise in the good old SICP). In
particular, why is the table created from the (nested) list?

Jarmo

   #+BEGIN_SRC scheme :exports both :results value verbatim
     (define (deep-reverse lst)
       (define (deep-iter lst result)
         (if (null? lst)
             result
             (let ((first (car lst)) (rest (cdr lst)))
               (deep-iter rest
                          (cons (if
                                 (pair? first)
                                 (deep-reverse first)
                                 first)
                                result)))))
       (deep-iter lst '()))

     (deep-reverse (list (list 1 2 3 4) (list (list 5 6) 7 8)))
   #+END_SRC

   #+RESULTS:
   | 8 | 7 | (6 5) |   |
   | 4 | 3 |     2 | 1 |

* BUG in ob-scheme WAS: Re: Babel: verbatim results yield a table
@ 2018-08-02 17:08 ` Berry, Charles
From: Berry, Charles @ 2018-08-02 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarmo Hurri; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> On Aug 2, 2018, at 5:19 AM, Jarmo Hurri <jarmo.hurri@iki.fi> wrote:
>

> Greetings.
>
> The org manual states that in the :results header argument of a block
>
> verbatim Interpret literally and insert as quoted text. Do not create a
>         table. Usage example: :results value verbatim

Unfortunately, `org-babel-scheme--table-or-string' does not honor :results verbatim. :-(

> The quote above is from https://orgmode.org/manual/results.html
>
> Given this description, I am trying to understand the result below from
> a Scheme snippet (this is an exercise in the good old SICP). In
> particular, why is the table created from the (nested) list?
>
> Jarmo
>
>   #+BEGIN_SRC scheme :exports both :results value verbatim
>     (define (deep-reverse lst)
>       (define (deep-iter lst result)
>         (if (null? lst)
>             result
>             (let ((first (car lst)) (rest (cdr lst)))
>               (deep-iter rest
>                          (cons (if
>                                 (pair? first)
>                                 (deep-reverse first)
>                                 first)
>                                result)))))
>       (deep-iter lst '()))
>
>     (deep-reverse (list (list 1 2 3 4) (list (list 5 6) 7 8)))
>   #+END_SRC
>
>   #+RESULTS:
>   | 8 | 7 | (6 5) |   |
>   | 4 | 3 |     2 | 1 |

HTH,

Chuck

* Re: BUG in ob-scheme WAS: Re: Babel: verbatim results yield a table
@ 2018-08-03  6:05   ` Jarmo Hurri
From: Jarmo Hurri @ 2018-08-03  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Berry, Charles" <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:

>> The org manual states that in the :results header argument of a block
>>
>> verbatim Interpret literally and insert as quoted text. Do not create a
>>         table. Usage example: :results value verbatim
>
> Unfortunately, `org-babel-scheme--table-or-string' does not honor
> :results verbatim. :-(

Thanks, I did not have the guts to call it a bug.

I'll see if I could provide a patch for this later.

Thanks.

Jarmo

* Re: BUG in ob-scheme WAS: Re: Babel: verbatim results yield a table
@ 2018-08-03  9:01   ` Jarmo Hurri
From: Jarmo Hurri @ 2018-08-03  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings again.

"Berry, Charles" <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:

>> The org manual states that in the :results header argument of a block
>>
>> verbatim Interpret literally and insert as quoted text. Do not create a
>>         table. Usage example: :results value verbatim
>
> Unfortunately, `org-babel-scheme--table-or-string' does not honor
> :results verbatim. :-(

I wrote a patch for this before realizing that it had already been fixed
in the master branch (I was running the stable branch).

This should teach me a lesson again... :-)

Jarmo