* Org-attach risks
@ 2024-03-14 13:31 Kepa
From: Kepa @ 2024-03-14 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

Each time I change the DIR property for attachments, I have to answer correctly two questions: if I want to move every file to the new path, and if I want to delete the old folder.

Is it possible to not receive these questions?
For me, it's a big risk I don't want to take every time.

Best regards

* Re: Org-attach risks
@ 2024-03-14 22:11 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-03-14 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kepa; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Kepa <gnu.cognition199@slmails.com> writes:

> Each time I change the DIR property for attachments, I have to answer correctly two questions: if I want to move every file to the new path, and if I want to delete the old folder.
>
> Is it possible to not receive these questions?
> For me, it's a big risk I don't want to take every time.

May you elaborate on what other behavior you would prefer to see?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Org-attach risks
@ 2024-03-17 20:22 Kepa
From: Kepa @ 2024-03-17 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko, emacs-orgmode

> Kepa<gnu.cognition199@slmails.com>  writes:
>
> >/Each time I change the DIR property for attachments, I have to answer /
> >/correctly two questions: if I want to move every file to the new
> path, and if /
> >/I want to delete the old folder./
> >
> >/Is it possible to not receive these questions?/
> >/For me, it's a big risk I don't want to take every time./
>
> May you elaborate on what other behavior you would prefer to see?
>
> --
> Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Hi Ihor.

It would be enough to have the option to not having those prompt.

If I could set it to don't offer to copy files, and the option to don't
offer to delete old folder, it would be enough.

Best regards,

Kepa

* Re: Org-attach risks
@ 2024-03-20 12:20 ` Ihor Radchenko
       [not found]   ` <171096963729.7.13315176883660452357.290626130@slmails.com>
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-03-20 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kepa; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Kepa <gnu.cognition199@slmails.com> writes:

> It would be enough to have the option to not having those prompt.
>
> If I could set it to don't offer to copy files, and the option to don't
> offer to delete old folder, it would be enough.

Would you be interested to submit a patch?
See https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* [FR] Add customization for default answers to `org-attach-set/unset-directory' prompt (was: Org-attach risks)
       [not found]   ` <171096963729.7.13315176883660452357.290626130@slmails.com>
@ 2024-03-21 13:25     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-03-21 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kepa; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[ Adding Org mailing list back to CC. Please use "Reply all" to keep the
  discussion public ]

Kepa <gnu.cognition199@slmails.com> writes:

> I don't know enough to upload a patch, I barely know what is a patch...

No problem. Then, I will turn this discussion into a feature request.
It may be eventually implemented by other interested users.

> I was thinking, and if the default answer is (No) it could work: just clicking ENTER ENTER, no file moving or deleting would take place.
> The danger would be if someday the default is (Yes) and people mechanically send ENTER ENTER ...

We use yes/no prompt rather than (y/n) for a reason - it is a
destructive file operation.

What we may do instead is the following:

In addition to the sequence of prompts when changing the attachment
directory:

1. Copy over attachments from old attachment directory to new one?
2. Delete old attachment directory?

we can introduce a custom variable `org-attach-move-attachments' with
the following values:

1. 'ask (default) - display the prompts
2. 'move - move the attachments form old to new directory (same as yes,
   yes answer)
3. 'copy - copy the attachments, keeping the old directory (yes, no answer)
4. 'keep or nil - keep the attachments in the old directory (no, no answer)

I guess that no, yes answer that would delete the attachments is not
something we want to allow as automatic behavior.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* [FR] Add whitespace option for :noweb-prefix
@ 2024-03-25  9:01       ` Chen Mingzheng
From: Chen Mingzheng @ 2024-03-25  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

For :noweb-prefix of noweb feature, now we have "yes" or "no" option.
Can we add a new "whitespace" option so that we can:

Giving following fragments,
  #+begin_src elisp :noweb-ref varable-bindings
  (a 0)
  (b 1)
  #+end_src

  #+begin_src elisp :noweb-ref do-something
  `(,a ,b)
  #+end_src

we use the "whitespace" option here
  #+name: a-fragment
  #+begin_src elisp :noweb yes :noweb-prefix whitespace
    (let (<<varable-bindings>>)
      <<do-something>>)
  #+end_src

to produce the follow code:
  #+begin_src elisp
  (let ((a 0)
        (b 1))
    `(,a ,b))
  #+end_src

Here is a try:
  #+begin_src elisp :exports results :wrap src elisp
  (org-babel--expand-body (org-babel-lob--src-info "a-fragment"))
  #+end_src
BTW, I'm curious if there's an public API that can output the code expansion of an noweb src block by it's name like above?

Best regards,

Chen