* Hints for scheduling using Agenda
@ 2011-02-05  1:31 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2011-02-05  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm starting to use column mode in the Agenda, where the estimated
effort for each TODO item is shown.  The sums of the estimated
effort is totaled for each day.  I like this feature, and want to use it
to determine when to schedule TODO items.

Does anyone else use column mode in the Agenda to find time slots to
for scheduling?

My quandry is this:  I use the agenda to show me the TODO items that aren't
scheduled -- but if I'm already using the agenda to show me the upcoming week
and the open time-slots, then I have to bounce back and forth between
the agenda views.

This is workable, but I wanted to see if anyone has a better method
for scheduling
items for the upcoming week.

Thanks in advance,
--Nate

* Re: Hints for scheduling using Agenda
@ 2011-02-11 15:39 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-11 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Neff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nathan,

Nathan Neff <nathan.neff@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm starting to use column mode in the Agenda, where the estimated
> effort for each TODO item is shown.  The sums of the estimated
> effort is totaled for each day.  I like this feature, and want to use it
> to determine when to schedule TODO items.
>
> Does anyone else use column mode in the Agenda to find time slots to
> for scheduling?
>
> My quandry is this:  I use the agenda to show me the TODO items that aren't
> scheduled -- but if I'm already using the agenda to show me the upcoming week
> and the open time-slots, then I have to bounce back and forth between
> the agenda views.

Maybe you can combine these two agendas in a block agenda?

  info:org#Block agenda

HTH,

--
 Bastien