* org-mode S5 Presentation: How to disable mouse click for page turn so that mouse can be used to control embedded interactive chart?
@ 2012-07-20 19:56 Feiming Chen
From: Feiming Chen @ 2012-07-20 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, I would like to ask a question.

I am embedding an interactive chart into org-mode S5 presentation on web
browser.  See this link for the presentation:

http://stat.fsu.edu/~fchen/emacs-org-babel-mode/googleVis2web.html

(source file: http://stat.fsu.edu/~fchen/emacs-org-babel-mode/googleVis2web.org)

However, on page 3,  I could not use mouse to control the interactive chart as
the mouse left-click jumps to the next page (I should be able to click the
"play" button and watch the chart in motion).  How can I disable the use of
mouse to turn pages?  It seems the file "ui/default/slides.js" is responsible
for this but I do not know how to modify it.

Another minor issue is that I noticed that, when I click the "n" letter while
viewing the presentation,  I am getting a lot of blocked "pop-up" windows (in
both firefox and IE).  What happened?

Thanks a lot for your help!

 Sincerely,
Feiming Chen

* Re: org-mode S5 Presentation: How to disable mouse click for page turn so that mouse can be used to control embedded interactive chart?
  2012-07-20 19:56 org-mode S5 Presentation: How to disable mouse click for page turn so that mouse can be used to control embedded interactive chart? Feiming Chen
@ 2012-08-01 12:21 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-01 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Feiming Chen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Feiming,

Feiming Chen <feimingchen@yahoo.com> writes:

> I am embedding an interactive chart into org-mode S5 presentation on
> web browser.  See this link for the presentation:
>
> http://stat.fsu.edu/~fchen/emacs-org-babel-mode/googleVis2web.html
>
> (source file: http://stat.fsu.edu/~fchen/emacs-org-babel-mode/
> googleVis2web.org)

What "org to S5" library are you using?

In any case, contacting the author of the software you used will
get you more answers I guess.

Best,

PS: the presentation looks nice!

--
 Bastien

@ 2012-08-01 13:40   ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-08-01 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Feiming Chen

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Feiming,
>
> Feiming Chen <feimingchen@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> I am embedding an interactive chart into org-mode S5 presentation on
>> web browser.  See this link for the presentation:
>>
>> http://stat.fsu.edu/~fchen/emacs-org-babel-mode/googleVis2web.html
>>
>> (source file: http://stat.fsu.edu/~fchen/emacs-org-babel-mode/
>> googleVis2web.org)

This sounds like more of a general S5 question, rather than an Org-mode
specific question.  Once an Org-mode document has been exported to a
format used by S5, all key presses and mouse click events are handled
directly by the S5 library in use.  I'd suggest contacting the author of
S5 or asking on an S5 mailing list.

After looking through the slides.js file, I think commenting out line
763 (or if you are using a different version of S5, the "onclick" line)
may do what you want.

https://github.com/eschulte/org-S5/blob/master/ui/default/slides.js#L763

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

@ 2012-08-06 18:32     ` Feiming Chen
From: Feiming Chen @ 2012-08-06 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte, Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric:

Thank you very much!  Your solution works!

 Sincerely,
Feiming Chen