* conflict load of epresent - org mode 8.0.3
@ 2013-05-17 13:40 d.tchin
From: d.tchin @ 2013-05-17 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

This post to report a problem about epresent and new version of org mode.
I have just tried to update from releas 7.9.2 to 8.0.3 and I encountered
several problems that are partially solved by the description of the
changes due to the actual export and new name conventions.

From time to time, I use epresent tool that I find useful for tiny
presentation. Tool is described here :

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/non-beamer-presentations.html#sec-2

There are conflicts when this tool is loaded with new version of org mode.

In source files there are the following instructions :

(require 'org-exp)
(require 'org-latex)

As far I understand these modules are not available with this specific
names. I have commented these two instruction in epresent-org.el and in
epresent.el.

I load ox.el and ox-latex.el in my .emacs and before loading the epresent
tool and it seems to solve the conflicts and to work.

Regard

* Re: conflict load of epresent - org mode 8.0.3
@ 2013-05-23 18:33 ` d.tchin
From: d.tchin @ 2013-05-23 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

If the intention is to use epresent with org file, is it necessary to put
the following instructions in epresent.el and epresent-org.el?

(require 'ox)
(require 'ox-latex)

I suppose that when a org file is loaded, this library and corresponding are
already loaded, so these intructions may be not needed ?

Thanks

@ 2013-05-29 13:24   ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-05-29 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: d.tchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

d.tchin <d.tchin@voila.fr> writes:

> Hi,
>

> If the intention is to use epresent with org file, is it necessary to put
> the following instructions in epresent.el and epresent-org.el?
>
> (require 'ox)
> (require 'ox-latex)
>
> I suppose that when a org file is loaded, this library and corresponding are
> already loaded, so these intructions may be not needed ?
>

> Thanks
>
>  <d.tchin> writes:

I just updated the require statements in epresent.el.

  https://github.com/eschulte/epresent/blob/master/epresent.el

I'm not sure what epresent-org.el is.

Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: conflict load of epresent - org mode 8.0.3
@ 2013-05-30 19:11     ` d.tchin
From: d.tchin @ 2013-05-30 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

> I just updated the require statements in epresent.el.
>
>   https://github.com/eschulte/epresent/blob/master/epresent.el

> I'm not sure what epresent-org.el is.

For your information, Sacha Chua on her blog has given a short description
of EPresent accessible on the following link

http://sachachua.com/blog/2013/04/how-to-present-using-org-mode-in-emacs/

Above it is mentioned about a tool called org-present developed by Ric
Lister. I certainly made a confusion in my mail with this tool when I
mentioned epresent-org.el. Sorry for this.

Anyway your changes work well.

Thanks