* custom link export and ox-md
@ 2014-02-24  2:12 John Peloquin
From: John Peloquin @ 2014-02-24  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings,

I'm trying to define a custom link in org mode with custom export
formatting, but I get unexpected results when exporting to markdown.

Minimal example:

`minimal-init.el`

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140217")
(require 'org)
(add-to-list 'org-export-backends "md")

(org-add-link-type
  "cite" nil
  (lambda (path desc format)
    (format "[@%s]" path)))

`minimal.org`

Some text [[cite:citekey]].

When I export `minimal.org` to markdown using C-c C-e m M, I get:

Some text <citekey>.

Whereas I expected:

Some text [@citekey].

I tried this with a clean emacs configuration (`emacs -Q -l
minimal-init.el`).  `org-version` returns 8.2.5h, which as far as I know
is the latest version.  `emacs-version` is 24.3.1.

I do get the expected export result if I export to latex or html, so the
link export definition in init.el does work.  Am I doing something
wrong?  Is this a bug in ox-md?

Best regards,

John Peloquin