* Agenda ical export omissions: sexp, hour-in-headline
@ 2014-08-20 11:32 Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2014-08-20 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode list

I have a shell function that exports my agenda to an ical file and uploads it for Google to read; however, there seem to be a couple glaring omissions from the ical. Here's the bash line that works over my agenda for export:

	emacs --batch --user $USER --eval "(progn (org-agenda-list nil nil 'year) (org-icalendar-combine-agenda-files))"

It skips the following sort of agenda entries:

   *** 09:05-09:55 CS 7637 Weekly Class @ Klaus 2447
   <%%(org-class 2014 8 18 2014 12 12 1)>

and:

     %%(org-anniversary 2015 03 26) Glory %d Birthday

So, it doesn't seem to ical-ify sexp dates, and it doesn't seem to do times (09:05-09:55) in the headers. Is there anything to be done for this? I've just discovered the agenda power of these mighty functions but will be limited in my use of them if they can't be exported.

- Tory

* Re: Agenda ical export omissions: sexp, hour-in-headline
@ 2014-08-21  9:17 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-08-21  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tory S. Anderson; +Cc: orgmode list

Hello,

torys.anderson@gmail.com (Tory S. Anderson) writes:

> I have a shell function that exports my agenda to an ical file and
> uploads it for Google to read; however, there seem to be a couple
> glaring omissions from the ical. Here's the bash line that works over
> my agenda for export:
>
> 	emacs --batch --user $USER --eval "(progn (org-agenda-list nil nil 'year) (org-icalendar-combine-agenda-files))"
>
> It skips the following sort of agenda entries:
>
>    *** 09:05-09:55 CS 7637 Weekly Class @ Klaus 2447
>    <%%(org-class 2014 8 18 2014 12 12 1)>
>
> and:
>
>      %%(org-anniversary 2015 03 26) Glory %d Birthday
>
> So, it doesn't seem to ical-ify sexp dates, and it doesn't seem to do
> times (09:05-09:55) in the headers. Is there anything to be done for
> this? I've just discovered the agenda power of these mighty functions
> but will be limited in my use of them if they can't be exported.

Times in the header are not Org syntax, you could use an Org timestamp
instead.

Also, `icalendar' back-end uses `icalendar-export-region' internally,
which doesn't support Sexp-entries (see *icalendar-errors* buffer).

Nicolas Goaziou