* [BUG] Export option ^:{} does not work inside tags
@ 2014-08-25  0:37 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-08-25  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi List,

when exporting this to latex/pdf

,----
| * ORG SCRATCH :foo_bar:
| Hallo_World
`----

it translates to this

,----
| % Created 2014-08-25 Mo 02:23
| \documentclass[11pt]{article}
| [...]
| \section{ORG SCRATCH\hfill{}\textsc{foo_bar}}
| \label{sec-1}
| Hallo\_World
| % Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.3beta)
| \end{document}
`----

where the '_' in tag 'foo_bar' is interpreted as subscript, not as literal
underscore (look at the produced pdf), while content 'Hallo_World' is
treated as expected.

Bug or (kind of a) feature?

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: [BUG] Export option ^:{} does not work inside tags
@ 2014-08-25 12:47 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-08-25 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> when exporting this to latex/pdf
>
> ,----
> | * ORG SCRATCH :foo_bar:
> | Hallo_World
> `----
>
> it translates to this
>
> ,----
> | % Created 2014-08-25 Mo 02:23
> | \documentclass[11pt]{article}
> | [...]
> | \section{ORG SCRATCH\hfill{}\textsc{foo_bar}}
> | \label{sec-1}
> | Hallo\_World
> | % Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.3beta)
> | \end{document}
> `----
>
> where the '_' in tag 'foo_bar' is interpreted as subscript, not as literal
> underscore (look at the produced pdf), while content 'Hallo_World' is
> treated as expected.

Tags are not parsed. As such, they cannot contain a sub/superscript
object, and "^" option item has no influence on the way they are
translated.

Nevertheless, as you noticed, "_" should be always escaped. I fixed it
in master (as the fix introduces some incompatible changes). Thank you
for reporting it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [BUG] Export option ^:{} does not work inside tags
@ 2014-08-26  0:05   ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-08-26  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> when exporting this to latex/pdf
>>
>> ,----
>> | * ORG SCRATCH :foo_bar:
>> | Hallo_World
>> `----
>>
>> it translates to this
>>
>> ,----
>> | % Created 2014-08-25 Mo 02:23
>> | \documentclass[11pt]{article}
>> | [...]
>> | \section{ORG SCRATCH\hfill{}\textsc{foo_bar}}
>> | \label{sec-1}
>> | Hallo\_World
>> | % Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.3beta)
>> | \end{document}
>> `----
>>
>> where the '_' in tag 'foo_bar' is interpreted as subscript, not as
>> literal
>> underscore (look at the produced pdf), while content 'Hallo_World' is
>> treated as expected.
>
> Tags are not parsed. As such, they cannot contain a sub/superscript
> object, and "^" option item has no influence on the way they are
> translated.
>
> Nevertheless, as you noticed, "_" should be always escaped. I fixed it
> in master (as the fix introduces some incompatible changes). Thank you
> for reporting it.

hmm, I updated (make update) after your fix, and I do see your commit in
the git history:

,----
| 2f359a6 * | ox-latex: Protect special characters in tags
`----

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
 (call-interactively 'org-version)
#+END_SRC

#+results:
: Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-265-g7cf7e4 @ /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/lisp/)

but I still see the very same problem, in my real world use case as
well as in the MWE.

Maybe not yet fixed?

--

@ 2014-08-26 11:02     ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-08-26 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

>> Nevertheless, as you noticed, "_" should be always escaped. I fixed it
>> in master (as the fix introduces some incompatible changes). Thank you
>> for reporting it.
>
> hmm, I updated (make update) after your fix, and I do see your commit in
> the git history:
>
> ,----
> | 2f359a6 * | ox-latex: Protect special characters in tags
> `----
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>  (call-interactively 'org-version)
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+results:
> : Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-265-g7cf7e4 @
> /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/lisp/)
>
> but I still see the very same problem, in my real world use case as
> well as in the MWE.
>
> Maybe not yet fixed?

Its fixed, sorry for the noise, today it works correctly, seems that
after the update the old version was still loaded.

--
cheers,
Thorsten