* set a location for simple export of individual file?
@ 2015-03-28 14:11 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2015-03-28 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I have an org file with lots of long tables in it; org is great for the
data entry part, but sometimes I want to see the long lines in the table in
their entirety, and for this I export to HTML. It works great.  However,
for whatever reason I don't want the HTML to live in the same directory as
the original org file.*

I have tried this:

#+BIND: org-export-publishing-directory "/tmp/"

But that doesn't work, I think because I export using the export interface,
not by publishing. Is there a comparable variable for export location?

* The org file contains mildly confidential info, but is located, for
convenience, in a Dropbox folder; so, to avoid compromise, I encrypt it.
Putting the HTML in the same folder defeats that purpose. My hard drive in
ecrypted, so /tmp/ is a moderately safe location, adequate for the
sensitivity of this information.

* Re: set a location for simple export of individual file?
@ 2015-03-28 15:43 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-03-28 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: Org Mode

Hello,

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> I have an org file with lots of long tables in it; org is great for the
> data entry part, but sometimes I want to see the long lines in the table in
> their entirety, and for this I export to HTML. It works great.  However,
> for whatever reason I don't want the HTML to live in the same directory as
> the original org file.*
>
> I have tried this:
>
> #+BIND: org-export-publishing-directory "/tmp/"
>
> But that doesn't work, I think because I export using the export interface,
> not by publishing. Is there a comparable variable for export location?

You can build a function around `org-export-to-file'. See
`org-html-export-to-html' for example.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: set a location for simple export of individual file?
@ 2015-03-31 13:12   ` Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2015-03-31 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price, Org Mode