* insert automatically row number in tables.
@ 2016-03-07 11:24 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-03-07 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I would like to insert row in a table, and then hitting C-c C-c, the
leftmost column gets filled by the row number.

Such as in

| row | data |
|-----+------|
|     | 0303 |
|     | 5123 |
|     |   41 |
|     | 4234 |
#+TBLFM: magic command

C-c C-c

gives

| row | data |
|-----+------|
| 2   | 0303 |
| 3   | 5123 |
| 4   | 41   |
| 5   | 4234 |
#+TBLFM: magic command

Then
| row | data |
|-----+------|
|   2 | 0303 |
|   3 | 5123 |
|   4 |   41 |
|   5 | 4234 |
|     |   17 |
#+TBLFM: magic command

C-c C-c

gives

| row | data |
|-----+------|
|   2 | 0303 |
|   3 | 5123 |
|   4 |   41 |
|   5 | 4234 |
|   6 |   17 |
#+TBLFM: magic command

I googled around and found solutions such as:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9267050/how-to-achieve-a-row-index-column-in-emacs-org-mode-using-a-calc-column-rule

Or
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2008-08/msg00054.html

But none of them worked for me the way I described it.

Any comments or help?

thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: insert automatically row number in tables.
@ 2016-03-07 12:09 ` Bernhard Pröll
From: Bernhard Pröll @ 2016-03-07 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

the following formula will do this for me:

| row | data |
|-----+------|
|   2 | 0303 |
|   3 | 5123 |
|   4 |   41 |
|   5 | 4234 |
|   6 |   34 |
#+TBLFM: $1=@#

Regards,

Bernhard Pröll

@ 2016-03-07 13:04   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-03-07 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>>> "Bernhard" == Bernhard Pröll <bmutbuerger@gmail.com> writes:

   > Hi,
   > the following formula will do this for me:

   > | row | data |
   > |-----+------|
   > |   2 | 0303 |
   > |   3 | 5123 |
   > |   4 |   41 |
   > |   5 | 4234 |
   > |   6 |   34 |
   > #+TBLFM: $1=@#

   > Regards,

Yeah thanks the point is that one need to use

C-u C-u C-c C-c

Not C-c C-c

Sorry for the noise.

Uwe Brauer