* Bug: empty ob-stan.el when installed from ELPA [8.3.4 (8.3.4-47-gaf853d-elpaplus @ /home/tamas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160502/)]
@ 2016-05-02  8:43 Tamas Papp
From: Tamas Papp @ 2016-05-02  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This is about the ELPA package org-plus-contrib, but I could not find a
more specific place to report it.

When installing org-plus-contrib from ELPA, the file ob-stan.el is empty
(length 0). This has been the situation for a while (see [1]), but
cloning from the master git repo [2] was a workaround, with the
expectation that this would eventually be fixed. However, the ELPA
version 20160502 has the same problem.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-01/msg00487.html
[2] git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.1.50.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-04-25
Package: Org-mode version 8.3.4 (8.3.4-47-gaf853d-elpaplus @ /home/tamas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160502/)

* Re: Bug: empty ob-stan.el when installed from ELPA [8.3.4 (8.3.4-47-gaf853d-elpaplus @ /home/tamas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160502/)]
  2016-05-02  8:43 Bug: empty ob-stan.el when installed from ELPA [8.3.4 (8.3.4-47-gaf853d-elpaplus @ /home/tamas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160502/)] Tamas Papp
@ 2016-05-02 16:33 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2016-05-02 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tamas Papp; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Tamas Papp <tkpapp@gmail.com> writes:

> When installing org-plus-contrib from ELPA, the file ob-stan.el is empty
> (length 0). This has been the situation for a while (see [1]), but
> cloning from the master git repo [2] was a workaround, with the
> expectation that this would eventually be fixed. However, the ELPA
> version 20160502 has the same problem.

The message you linked to didn't include the response from Nicolas
(because it was in a later archive period, I think).  Here it is:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-02/msg00054.html

  or

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/104733

org-plus-contrib is generated from maint (the branch from which 8.3.*
releases are being cut), and ob-stan.el was only introduced in the
current master branch (what will be Org 9.0).

However, I'm not sure why an empty ob-stan.el is included in the ELPA
release, rather than there being no file at all.

--
Kyle