* orgalist: increase vspace between points, leave orgalist (indent)
@ 2018-06-12  7:41 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2018-06-12  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

First of all thanks for orgalist, I use it frequently and enjoy quite a
bit. There are two features I am missing (or don't know who to use
them).

    1. How can I increase the vspace per default (say one blank line) between 2
       points in a list? That is a variable which controls that behavior?
    2. Which key should I use to leave a list? Return just jumps
       ^  to position. But I am looking for a command which would jump.

^ here. Of course I can use return return and then backward-kill-word.
But is there any orgalist specific command which does this?

List with increased vspace

    1. How can I increase the vspace (say one blank line) between 2
       points in a list.

    2. Which key should I use to leave a list? Return just jumps
       ^  to position. But I am looking for a command which would jump.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: orgalist: increase vspace between points, leave orgalist (indent)
@ 2018-06-12 21:28 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-06-12 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> First of all thanks for orgalist, I use it frequently and enjoy quite a
> bit. There are two features I am missing (or don't know who to use
> them).
>
>     1. How can I increase the vspace per default (say one blank line) between 2
>        points in a list? That is a variable which controls that behavior?

For now, it obeys to `org-blank-before-new-entry'. In Orgalist 1.8,
there is a new variable, `orgalist-separated-items', which basically
does the same.

>     2. Which key should I use to leave a list? Return just jumps
>        ^  to position. But I am looking for a command which would jump.
>

> ^ here. Of course I can use return return and then backward-kill-word.
> But is there any orgalist specific command which does this?

Use C-j, or RET, depending on electric indentation.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: orgalist: increase vspace between points, leave orgalist (indent)
@ 2018-06-13 11:03   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2018-06-13 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "Nicolas" == Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

   > Hello,
   > Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

   >> First of all thanks for orgalist, I use it frequently and enjoy quite a
   >> bit. There are two features I am missing (or don't know who to use
   >> them).
   >>
   >> 1. How can I increase the vspace per default (say one blank line)
   >> between 2 points in a list? That is a variable which controls that
   >> behavior?

   > For now, it obeys to `org-blank-before-new-entry'. In Orgalist 1.8,
   > there is a new variable, `orgalist-separated-items', which basically
   > does the same.

    1. I have set it now to t.

    2. And that seems to make the difference

    thanks

   >> 2. Which key should I use to leave a list? Return just jumps
   >> ^  to position. But I am looking for a command which would jump.
   >>

   >> ^ here. Of course I can use return return and then backward-kill-word.
   >> But is there any orgalist specific command which does this?

   > Use C-j, or RET, depending on electric indentation.

It seems that electric-indention mode is on in my messages buffers.

Turning it off solves my problem, but now I have an elementary question:
Why is the mode on? (I can't find anything in my init files) and how can
I make it sure that it is off in my message buffers?