* Getting org-plus-contrib but releases only
@ 2019-09-05 13:40 Gustavo Barros
From: Gustavo Barros @ 2019-09-05 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I have a question regarding Org installation.  It is probably known, but
I’m failing to find proper guidance on the matter.  So, if I missed
something obvious, a pointer would be kind enough.

As far as I understand, there are three typical ways to “get” Org: the
built-in version, which lags somewhat behind; (GNU) Elpa, the default
package repository, which offers the latest released version; and Org
Elpa, which we can add as a repository, and which offers weekly builds.

Also, as far as I get, only Org Elpa contains 'org-plus-contrib' for
installation. (Or am I missing something?)

I am a user of some of the 'contrib' packages, and would like to keep
that.  But I currently would like some more stability here, so I’d like
to get releases only for updates of Org (but the latest ones, such as
GNU Elpa does).  Is there a (recommended) way to do both of these things
at the same time?

Best regards,
Gustavo Barros.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-09-05 13:40 UTC | newest]