* org-mime-htmlize and signature
@ 2019-11-30 18:37 Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2019-11-30 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Although I prefer 80 column text mode for emails. But sometimes when you
know that the mails are being read on smartphones then it is better to
send additional part with html content so that the mail is rendered
correctly on the mobile client.

org-mime-htmlize helps in that. It converts the text in the message
buffer into multipart message. But the conversion doesn't work well at
the point of signature. In the text mode my signature is just my
full-name separated from the email body using a double dash (--). After
conversion the HTML part has signature and the separator on the same
line; it doesn't insert an HTML line break <br> before and after the
separator (--).

What is the solution/workaround for that?

Regards
--
Pankaj Jangid

* Re: org-mime-htmlize and signature
@ 2019-12-01 11:08 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2019-12-01 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Jangid; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

On Saturday, 30 Nov 2019 at 18:37, Pankaj Jangid wrote:
> It converts the text in the message buffer into multipart message. But
> the conversion doesn't work well at the point of signature.

For these cases, I usually put a colon at the start of each line of the
signature which htmlize then converts as preformatted text.
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.6-572-gbe7e88