* Recommended way to work on main without upgrading Org?
@ 2022-12-22  3:19 Karthik Chikmagalur
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Karthik Chikmagalur @ 2022-12-22  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm trying to work on the main branch of Org, with the intent of creating a patch.  However, I need to continue using Org 9.5 for everyday work in a separate Emacs session as I can't have things breaking.  Is there a recommended way to run two simultaneous instances of Emacs using two different Org versions?

I use Straight to install Org 9.5.  I've cloned the latest main branch from Savannah to work on, but I'm not able to test my changes cleanly since there are two org versions in the mix -- technically three including the built-in version that's been shadowed.

Karthik