* Org to PDF webpage
@ 2007-08-16 17:41 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-08-16 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi folks,

i just set up a webpage that let you upload an Org file and receive a
nice PDF document back.  It is based on Org 5.04 and org-export-latex
0.22 (and pdflatex).

I guess nobody needs this in this list, but maybe you can tell your
non-LaTeX friends. A good occasion to learn LaTeX. Or Org. Or Emacs :)

  http://www.legito.net/org-to-pdf.py

Enjoy,

--
Bastien

* Re: Org to PDF webpage
@ 2007-08-16 19:16 ` Dmitry Dzhus
From: Dmitry Dzhus @ 2007-08-16 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nice idea, this could be implemented in org-mode itself too.

Doesn't work for me, though; server responds to my upload with
spitting out an HTML page with Python error traceback; here it is:

         Traceback (most recent call last):
           File "org-to-pdf.py", line 123, in ?
             f = open(os.path.join(UPLOAD_DIR, target_pdf), 'r')
         IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/guerry/legito.net/tmp/tasks.pdf'

I've tried several Org files.
--
Happy Hacking.

Dmitry "Sphinx" Dzhus
http://sphinx.net.ru

* Re: Org to PDF webpage
@ 2007-08-16 21:01 ` Mike Newman
From: Mike Newman @ 2007-08-16 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:41:33 +0200
Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> i just set up a webpage that let you upload an Org file and receive a
> nice PDF document back.  It is based on Org 5.04 and org-export-latex
> 0.22 (and pdflatex).
>
> I guess nobody needs this in this list, but maybe you can tell your
> non-LaTeX friends. A good occasion to learn LaTeX. Or Org. Or Emacs :)
>
>   http://www.legito.net/org-to-pdf.py
>
> Enjoy,

Worked well for me, but for some reason came back with the name Bastien
Guerry under the title.

--
Mike

* Re: Org to PDF webpage
@ 2007-08-17  0:52   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-08-17  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dmitry Dzhus <mail@sphinx.net.ru> writes:

> Nice idea, this could be implemented in org-mode itself too.

Do you mean implementing Org -> PDF conversion in Org? Yes, this is the
purpose of the LaTeX exporter.

Anyway: i started this webpage as a little demonstration of the LaTeX
exporter, nothing more. I guess it's easier to do it locally when you
have this opportunity.

> Doesn't work for me, though; server responds to my upload with
> spitting out an HTML page with Python error traceback; here it is:

Can you send me the files and the relevant parts of your configuration?
It might happen that this is a bug of org-export-latex.

Thanks!

--
Bastien

* Re: Org to PDF webpage
@ 2007-08-17  0:55   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-08-17  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Mike Newman <mike@newmanfamily.me.uk> writes:

> Worked well for me, but for some reason came back with the name
> Bastien Guerry under the title.

This is because you didn't explicitely specify an #+AUTHOR in your file.
So the server thinks Bastien Guerry is the author...

I hope it won't let me into copyright troubles :)

--
Bastien