* org-capture questions: not auto-loaded? no tag-alignment?
@ 2010-09-28 11:44 Markus Ecce
From: Markus Ecce @ 2010-09-28 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everybody,

I recently switched from org-remember to org-capture and noticed two
potential regressions, but maybe I'm missing something...

First, when I launch emacs (and don't load an .org file or enter
org-mode) I cannot use "org-capture". C-c c gives: "Symbol's function
definition is void: org-capture"). By contrast, "org-remember" does
work.

Of course I can fix this by adding "(require 'org-install)" to my
.emacs -- but it would be nicer if worked without that (like
org-remember did).

Second, with org-remember, tags inserted with "%^g" in the template
were correctly aligned (respecting the setting of org-tags-column).
With org-capture, tags are just a space away from the headline text.
Is there a way to get the "old" behavior with org-capture as well?

Otherwise I'm very happy with org-capture -- thanks for all this!

BTW I'm using Emacs 23.2.1 on Linux with org-mode from git.

Greetings,
Markus