* [BUG] in org-element-link-parser (lilypond file does not export to latex)
@ 2014-03-01  1:17 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-03-01  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi List,

when trying to export this example lilypond file

https://raw.github.com/mjago/ob-lilypond/master/examples/basic-mode/pdf-example/pdf-example.org

to LaTeX (C-c C-e l L) I hit the following error:

,----------------------------------------------
| Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil
`----------------------------------------------

It turns out that org-element tries to parse a link but

,----------------------------------
| (defun org-element-link-parser ()
|   "Parse link at point.
`----------------------------------

but none of the 4 Link types is matched and finally in this expression

,-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| ;; In any case, deduce end point after trailing white space from
| ;; LINK-END variable.
| (setq post-blank (progn (goto-char link-end) (skip-chars-forward " \t"))
`-------------------------------------------------------------------------

link-end is nil but goto-char requires an integer-or-marker-p.

Not sure if there is wrong syntax in the file or if the parser is
confused by (correct) lilypond syntax.

PS
Org-mode version 8.2.5g (release_8.2.5g-564-ge45d13)

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: [BUG] in org-element-link-parser (lilypond file does not export to latex)
@ 2014-03-01  8:17 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-03-01  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> when trying to export this example lilypond file
>
> https://raw.github.com/mjago/ob-lilypond/master/examples/basic-mode/pdf-example/pdf-example.org
>
> to LaTeX (C-c C-e l L) I hit the following error:
>
> ,----------------------------------------------
> | Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil
> `----------------------------------------------

I cannot reproduce it. OTOH, I don't have Lilypond installed.

> It turns out that org-element tries to parse a link but
>
> ,----------------------------------
> | (defun org-element-link-parser ()
> |   "Parse link at point.
> `----------------------------------

Could you provide an ECM, that is the exact link generating this error?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [BUG] in org-element-link-parser (lilypond file does not export to latex)
@ 2014-03-01  9:12   ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-03-01  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

Hello,

> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> when trying to export this example lilypond file
>>
>> https://raw.github.com/mjago/ob-lilypond/master/examples/basic-mode/pdf-example/pdf-example.org
>>
>> to LaTeX (C-c C-e l L) I hit the following error:
>>
>> ,----------------------------------------------
>> | Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil
>> `----------------------------------------------
>
> I cannot reproduce it. OTOH, I don't have Lilypond installed.
>
>> It turns out that org-element tries to parse a link but
>>
>> ,----------------------------------
>> | (defun org-element-link-parser ()
>> |   "Parse link at point.
>> `----------------------------------
>
> Could you provide an ECM, that is the exact link generating this error?

This is the first code block of the original .org file with one link
(that could not be exported really, because it was evaluated on
another machine so the eps did not really exist on my machine. But the
org parser choked with this kind of result-links:

#+begin_src org
#+TITLE: Modes in the Key of C
#+DATE:
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage[cm]{fullpage}
* Ionian Mode
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
#+LaTeX: \linebreak
#+ATTR_LaTeX: width=17cm
#+begin_src lilypond :file ionian.eps :noweb yes

  <<version-and-paper>>
  \relative c' {
    c d e f g a b c b a g f e d c d
    e f g a b c b a g f e d c1
}
#+end_src

#+results[0c21e5c5bd30d880d2bd230aa09b7613c2554835]:
[[file:ionian.eps]]
#+end_src

Here is what I get when I delete the above result link and evaluate
the code-block on my machine - this parses and exports fine:

@ 2014-03-01 11:40     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-03-01 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> This is the first code block of the original .org file with one link
> (that could not be exported really, because it was evaluated on
> another machine so the eps did not really exist on my machine. But the
> org parser choked with this kind of result-links:
>

> #+begin_src org
> #+TITLE: Modes in the Key of C
> #+DATE:
> #+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage[cm]{fullpage}
> * Ionian Mode
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
> #+LaTeX: \linebreak
> #+ATTR_LaTeX: width=17cm
> #+begin_src lilypond :file ionian.eps :noweb yes
>
>   <<version-and-paper>>
>   \relative c' {
>     c d e f g a b c b a g f e d c d
>     e f g a b c b a g f e d c1
> }
> #+end_src
>

> #+results[0c21e5c5bd30d880d2bd230aa09b7613c2554835]:
> [[file:ionian.eps]]
> #+end_src

I still don't get any export error. Neither on maint nor on master.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [BUG] in org-element-link-parser (lilypond file does not export to latex)
@ 2014-03-01 11:58       ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-03-01 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> This is the first code block of the original .org file with one link
>> (that could not be exported really, because it was evaluated on
>> another machine so the eps did not really exist on my machine. But the
>> org parser choked with this kind of result-links:
>>

>> #+begin_src org
>> #+TITLE: Modes in the Key of C
>> #+DATE:
>> #+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage[cm]{fullpage}
>> * Ionian Mode
>> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
>> #+LaTeX: \linebreak
>> #+ATTR_LaTeX: width=17cm
>> #+begin_src lilypond :file ionian.eps :noweb yes
>>
>>   <<version-and-paper>>
>>   \relative c' {
>>     c d e f g a b c b a g f e d c d
>>     e f g a b c b a g f e d c1
>> }
>> #+end_src
>>

>> #+results[0c21e5c5bd30d880d2bd230aa09b7613c2554835]:
>> [[file:ionian.eps]]
>> #+end_src
>
> I still don't get any export error. Neither on maint nor on master.

Strangely enough, I cannot reproduce this error anymore today, although
it was there yesterday.

So ... sorry for the noise.

--
cheers,