* [Bug?] Link fontification in captions
@ 2015-04-29 18:35 Jacob Gerlach
From: Jacob Gerlach @ 2015-04-29 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

A link in a caption:

#+CAPTION: [[link]]

Initially receives org-link face when I type it. After some action (moving
to the next line or saving the buffer), it is redrawn with org-block face.

In neither case does [[ and ]] receive the invisibility attribute typically
given to links.

In both cases, it receives the typical overlay when moused-over. It also
exports correctly, which is what I really care about.

Could links in captions be given the same treatment as in the rest of the
buffer?

Regards,
Jake

* Re: [Bug?] Link fontification in captions
@ 2015-04-29 22:23 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-04-29 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jacob Gerlach; +Cc: Org-mode

Hello,

Jacob Gerlach <jacobgerlach@gmail.com> writes:

> A link in a caption:
>
> #+CAPTION: [[link]]
>
> Initially receives org-link face when I type it.

I cannot reproduce this.

> After some action (moving to the next line or saving the buffer), it
> is redrawn with org-block face.

I can't remember why it is `org-block' instead of `org-meta-line', like
#+caption.

> In neither case does [[ and ]] receive the invisibility attribute typically
> given to links.

This is done on purpose, actually.

> In both cases, it receives the typical overlay when moused-over. It also
> exports correctly, which is what I really care about.
>
> Could links in captions be given the same treatment as in the rest of the
> buffer?

This is quite tricky. Meta line face overrides link face. Underlining
disappears. If link becomes invisible you cannot distinguish it anymore
from regular text.

As a safety measure, links are displayed in full.

Nicolas Goaziou